Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Re: OS 6 Browser - No column view?!?

I have fond and there are some sites where the zoom feature is not there. No magnifying glass and it is  not in the full menu. I just downloaded OS6 I love it but one thing I can not stand and hate is the browser. Why do they think it is better? Yes it is faster and yes it seems smoother and not as big but you can not read any webpages on it with out going blind. I have seen some webpages the font is so small and the zoom feature is not there. The zoom feature is not available on every webpage. Every webpage is made deferent so one one page it looks good then on anther its to small and the anther is way too big. Why would they take good web browsing that worked in the past and just dump them and not use them in the new one give the user the choice.  I would rather have a big show browser that I could read stuff on vs a fast less big browser that I can not even read because the pages load so small and with no zoom on some.  If RIM wants to stay in the game and on top of the smartphone world. They have to do a lot better and I do not know why they would take a good thing and not use it anymore. There are a lot of more options out there for smartphones and they seem do be doing better them RIM here. When RIM trys to do something good with the OS6 they making changes that the user should have to make. Thats how I feel I love the OS6 as you can tell not the browser.  I think I am going to have to download a 3end party web browser because I am telling you its imposable  to read anything on this one without going blind.  I can name you over 6 six websites with no zoom.
I am young with good eyes to lol

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there is no column view at this time

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor

No column view at this time. Does that mean there might be sometime in the future?

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you
cuse165
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It has been suggested, so there is a might be

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9650 OS 6
My Carrier: Verizon

It won't happen fast enough for me; just ordered my Verizon iPhone 4. 

OS6 is really not meant to be viewed on the small screen of a 9650.  The microscopic web pages were the deal-breaker for me. 

I've been a mostly Mac user since 1985 (Mac 512 - still in my attic!), and prefer the Mac OS, but hate iCal and Mac AddressBook.  I've been syncing my Bold with Outlook in WindowsXPP through Parallels Desktop on my Mac.  It seems like there are more and more problems with BB, and fewer real solutions.  RIM is just too slow.

Stephie
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Good luck, Stephie. I have to keep Blackberry for work for now(I've gone back to OS5), but I think we're going to soon be supporting ActiveSync for other devices, and when that happens I'm probably switching too. I'm using the mobile browser more and more, and it's much more usable when you can actually read it! Pop back in and let us know how the iphone works out.

Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9650 OS 6
My Carrier: Verizon

Will do!

Stephie
Super Contributor

I love Blackberry and really had no issues with my phone or them them selfs. This is the only real issue I had and I can say. It seems like RIM wants to do nothing about it fast at all so you are right no solutions for issues that come up and ask for. I just downloaded a 3ed party web browser it okay now hope RIM adds column view soon(I have a feeling they wont and its not even something they are thinking about).

Thank you
cuse165
Contributor
My Device: 9650 bold
My Carrier: verizon

talking about 3rd party - I have downloaded Bolt and find it a workable solution - still far from perfect and far from what os 5 offered with column view. Seems with Bolt that the size is marginally good enough - they have only 3x magnification and find I wish they had 4x on many of the pages. Another advantage of Bolt is that it avoids the cell phone page problem that I was able to avoid in os5 by using firefox emulaton - os 6 eliminated firefox and IE emulation so the only way my most essential site is usable is in Bolt where I can avoid the sites "**bleep** cell phone page". WIll say that I find bolt only tolerably good enough to use, where os5 with column view was enjoyable to use. I did try to download 0pera (both 4.1 and 5.1) but did not work on my 9650 with os6 for whatever reason. I seriously cosidered a palm pre prior to getting my 9650, but shyed away becouse sounded like the line was in transition. Also noticed there is an andrroid platform out that is very similar keypad and layout to the 9650. Will be keeping a close eye on both if RIM does not come up with a true fix or substitute the column view soon.

Super Contributor

Bolt shows the pages very well what I do not like about it is. The app itself seems big slow  and sugish I aslo do not like the scroing of it its not smooth. 

Thank you
cuse165