Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

OS 6 and Documents to Go

I just upgraded to OS 6 on my blackberry bold 9700. I have already purchased Documents to Go 2.0 Premium edition, which worked great on OS 5.0. Now whenever I open a document, I get the message "This version of documents to go is incompatible with your phone software." When I follow the link to resolve the problem it says I already have the latest version. What can I do to get this working correctly again?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS 6 and Documents to Go

I would advise you to go to www.dataviz.com and sign in to your account and re-download the software.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks, I have downloaded and reinstalled the software twice and still get the same message on everything I try to open.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hmmm... let me get a friend to look at this.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Documents to Go should have been included with the 9700 software.  You'll need to make sure that is the version you have installed and not a previous version. I've not seen that error before, though. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

This is the premium version of documents to go, purchased with OS 5, and it worked great. It allows password protected documents among other things. It is the version installed with OS 6, it just gives the error message.

My Carrier: Tmobile

I am having the same issue.  I recently upgraded my Bold 9700 from OS 5 to OS6.  I also have DataViz Docsto Go Premium 2.0.  After the upgrade, when I access word, excel, pdf... I get an incompatible message.  It sends me to the Dataviz website to diagnosis it and then tells me it finds nothing.  When I try to redownload the software it tells me I have the most current version available.  I do notice that the Docs 2.0 software is listed for OS 4.7 to 5.0  Is there a patch or something to download for OS 6?  And Blackberrys that were already sold with OS 6, what Docs to Go are they using?  No luck at the DataViz support.  I can't even find a support page for them (phone number, email).

New Contributor

I have not been able to find a solution to this problem over the past few months. DataViz refers you to RIM, RIM has no answer. DocsToGo does work ok, I just get the annoying message everytime I open it. I simply say no when the error message comes up and wants to connect to DataViz. Everything does work ok, it's just annoying to get this everytime when I am using a paid version of this software.

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: MTN

i have exactly the same problem on my BB torch with OS6.0. Was hoping for a solution. DTG works fine, just a schlep to cancel error message each time.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: 3UK

Where did you purchase your Documents to go from, please? If you have a Blackberry it is safer to purchase Docs to go through Blakberry App world on your Device!

I was looking for a solution and technical advice about another problem today which I may post after trying to help you. and I put a search in for "Documents to Go for Blackberry Bold 9700" after having sent feedback to Blackberry App World.I found another site Mobi which appeared to offer an update to Docs to Go Premium but ths turned out to be incompatible for my Blackberry device (or any other Blackberry!) which is using OS 6 (Operating System)! You have to be careful about where you donwload this product from oevr the internet !

Solution. If it is possible to reinstall this Docs to Go application pacakage without repayment ...I would suggest you uninstall it completely .(you may need to ask others for advice about completley removing it!) ..reboot your device then download it from Blackberry app world and allow it the necessary permissions.

I believe that no security key is necessary when downloading it from BL App world I certainly was not asked to provide one when I bought the premium edition and the standard edition was preloadad on my device when I bought it from 3 UK

I hope this helps