Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

OS 6

Since updating my OS to 6, my phone is a disaster.  All I see is the hour glass.  My phone continues to lock up.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Should I (can I) change back to OS 5 for now until this thing is stable?

New Contributor

Re: OS 6

I have to figure out how to go back to OS 5. I've got nothing but hourglass. My application memory manager keeps telling me to delete applications. I never had this issue until OS 6.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

You can easily go back to any older version. When you connect your device with BlackBerry Desktop Manager you'll be prompted for upgrade. If any other older version of software is installed then you'll be prompted with all the available version. Choose your desired version.

By the way I'm using OS 6.o in my device and enjoying it pretty much.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Check the below knowledge base article -

KB11320  How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: U.S. Cellular

I updated to OS6 Monday and have cursed my phone ever since, nothing works like it use to and texting is a mess.  Very unhappy I am going back to OS5!

New Contributor

T-Mobile says that they're not aware of issues with OS 6. They said something may have gone wrong with the update and I should try again.  I'm not sure based now on your response.  I may try it tonight or may just give up and go back to OS 5

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Bozopolis wrote:

T-Mobile says that they're not aware of issues with OS 6. They said something may have gone wrong with the update and I should try again.  I'm not sure based now on your response.  I may try it tonight or may just give up and go back to OS 5

Hello,

Please read the KB that Tanzim linked above (in the post marked as the solution to this thread). It has step by step instructions...if something in there is unclear, please be specific about what that is. "I'm not sure based now on your response" really doesn't give us a hint of what part of the procedure has you confused.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

The OS 6 displays tiny tiny text on websites. Zoom is hard to navigate.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

The only issue I have is reading new emails. I have to scroll up and down to read the newest email. For example, if a new email arrives, I will open it but it will display the previous email. I have to close it again and re-open it so I can read the new email. I am getting used to it but I hope someone hears me out there and provides some clarification to the developers. We need a someone to track these bugs. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the end I decided to fall back to OS 5.  I'm sure I'll revisit the new OS in the future, but the day after I changed was a miserable day.  Perhaps something went amiss in the transfer, but my phone didn't display much except a constant hour glass.  It locked up every 30-60 minutes.  I kept getting application memory message or just a white screen telling me to reset.  I hope no one else has had these issue.  I do appreciate the responses and the help in figuring out what to do.  I mainly signed on here to see if there was a plethora of posts about bugs with the new OS.  Evidently it was mostly just me.