Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

OS 7.1 For Bold 9790

Hi

Just wondered whether blackberry intends to release OS 7.1 for the bold 9790?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: OS 7.1 For Bold 9790

Hello,

At the top of each device forum, there should be some "sticky" threads that discuss the OS levels available for many models. If they include your model, then those would be your reference point. For the 9790, there is this thread:

Note that our good friend Xandrex has had little time to keep those updated...but, while the actual OS level information may be out of date, the list still is useful for digging through the official download portal:

Note further some posts at the end of the sticky thread...you will see some discussion about how the actual OS release cycle is controlled.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................