Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: airtel
Accepted Solution

OS 7.1 freezing at booting up.

I am BB 9900 user.

Last week I had an update of 7.1 OS.

After installing the OS I found that when ever an update comes for any software either it is BBM or any other it gets stuck while reboot.

The bar stops at about 60-70 % progress and does not go further.

Every time there is an update and after it ask for reboot it hangs itself.

I have to pull the battery out every time and then it boots properly.

Any one has seen this before.

Please suggest.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: OS 7.1 freezing at booting up.

How long do you wait? Sometimes, especially after an app update, the reboot process can be unusually long. If you have not waited at least 30 minutes, then I recommend you wait 30 before declaring it "stuck". If you have waited 30, then you probably should do a clean OS reload, followed by a clean app reload.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: airtel

Re: OS 7.1 freezing at booting up.

Thanks for the update.
Well I didn't wait for 30 min to see if it reboots itself but I will give a try next time to see if that works.
As in 7.0 OS it never took this much of time to boot itself but as this is 7.1 so it might be.
I will check that in next update and if any problem comes up will post again.

Thanks a lot for the information.