Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9360
Accepted Solution

OS 7.1 not updating on Curve 9360

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I'm from Canada and every time i try to update my os to 7.1, it will not let me do so. It says I need to, but when I try to, my phone disconnects after starting to back up. I tried just backing it up manually, and again it says it disconnects. It always disconnects while it says backing up social feeds. I have a mac and use the blackberry desktop software, which I have uninstalled and reinstalled (updated) more than once. What is going wrong? 

Carrier: Bell Mobility

Version: 7.0 Bundle 1555 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: OS 7.1 not updating on Curve 9360

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB29571 Unable to backup the Social Feeds database using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 9360

Thanks Smiley Happy

That was the exact message I was doing. I deleted the application and the update worked perfectly.

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................