Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
05-08-2012 04:48 AM
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-08-2012 05:04 AM
Is there any possible update of 9360 available? As when ever I try to update using Desktop Software it tells me that no update is available and my Phone is still using 7.0 version is there any way to update?
You have to force it.
Follow this steps.
You will need a PC, an internet connection, your BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable to implement all this.
This is how i upgrade my BlackBerry and ill make this simple and straight forward as possible.
1. Uninstall first any BlackBerry software that you previously installed on your PC, as it may and will conflict with the guide
2. Download your specific and latest BlackBerry device OS here or any other official BlackBerry software download page and install it.
3. Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and install it.
Note: If the OS that you are downloading is from your official carrier, skip step 4, if you got it from other carriers – read on brother.
4. Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders (Click My Computer > Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, else
You can look for the two vendor.xml manually thru
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader)
- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username) – On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe. Follow the wizard and let it take your BlackBerry device into pure awesomeness.
6. That's it.
If all else fails, fire-up up the Desktop Manager and look for the update button (if it didn't pop-up)
05-08-2012 05:40 AM
My Carrier is different its airtel India and this seem something from Norway is it safe to do?
Will it will change some operating setting?
It's safe to run other OS on your BlackBerry. Mine, my carier is Globe (Philippines), I upgrade my OS from Mobilicity carrier and my BlackBerry run smooth with no problems. If you are thinking negative things and thinking if problem will exist when installing it, then stay on your original OS.
05-08-2012 05:45 AM
Well there is no official release of this version yet?
Look at this site. Find your carrier.
01-18-2013 01:37 PM
Are there any other links to download this software update?
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Scroll up...just 2 posts above yours is the link for the official download portal. You will have to dig through that to see if what you desire exists.