Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB 9360
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: OS 7.1 update for 9360

Hi everyone here,

I have upgraded my BB 9360 through BB desktop manager but while rebooting the device failed to start again. It shows an error code APP RESET 200. 

Please help and support to recify the issue as I already had restarted the device many times, tried to restore / repair the software thru desktop manager but nothing helped me.

Regards,

Parampreet Singh

My Device: Blackberry 9360
My Carrier: Globe telecom

Hi i followed all the instructions you gave.

but after i double click the loader.exe and install everything nothing happens. i deleted the vendor.xml

"It's safe to run other OS on your BlackBerry. Mine, my carier is Globe (Philippines), I upgrade my OS from Mobilicity carrier and my BlackBerry run smooth with no problems"

i also have the same carrier as you and i also use the mobilicity carrier to update may os but after i double click the loader.exe i have still the same os 7.0 bundle 2355.

when i launch the desktop manager. and thru update tab. i have the 7.1 bundle. but after i try to install it . its says "this only available to users with an active blackberry subscription" 

what will i do? Smiley Sad

please help Smiley Happy

My Device: BlackBerry 9360
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

@iansantos

Sir, thank you so much for this guide but for some reason, when I tried to select the update using the Desktop Device Manager (cause it didn't pop up when I launched Loader.exe), version 7.1 under Step # 5, got an error and saying that OS v7.1 is available but only for those who have subscribed for the BlackBerry services via Globe. It's on (*) asterisk saying that.

What do you think is the best solution for this?

Please help! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you!

My Device: BlackBerry 9360
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Yeah, we have the same issue.

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

just wanted to know..
will this,tamper my warranty??

reply asap..

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

abhishek_kandhari29 wrote:

just wanted to know..
will this,tamper my warranty??

reply asap..

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

No...there is no requirement to run any specific OS package to keep your warranty in place. But, your carrier may refuse to provide you with support if they discover you are running an OS that is not one that they have specifically approved...but all you have to do is fall back to their approved OS if you need their support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Well I recently purchased a replacment 9360 off of eBay cheaply but I discovered that it must of been a company phone at one point. As a result I am unable to update the OS using the above solutions (something to do with needing an Enterprise Account). Any ideas?

The reason I'd like to update, or at least remove the Enterprise stuff is so that I may be able to setup my regular email accounts. Also, I have been unable to sync my Outlook Contact info which I also believe is related to the OS.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

chet_nalewajek wrote:

Well I recently purchased a replacment 9360 off of eBay cheaply but I discovered that it must of been a company phone at one point. As a result I am unable to update the OS using the above solutions (something to do with needing an Enterprise Account). Any ideas?

The reason I'd like to update, or at least remove the Enterprise stuff is so that I may be able to setup my regular email accounts. Also, I have been unable to sync my Outlook Contact info which I also believe is related to the OS.

Well, start here:

• Article ID: KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Clearly, the seller did not do their steps. You may want to start by contacting them to see what they are willing to do for you. For example, if they represented the device as being clean and ready to use on any compatible network, then they misrepresented it and you should seek at least a partial refund to compensate you for the work you now need to do.

But, you can hopefully succeed...assuming two things:

1. The seller ensured that whatever BES system this device was activated on has had this device removed from it
  2. The seller has ensured that no carrier has this device PIN locked to their BIS system

If both of those are true, then you can most likely proceed with cleansing the device of the IT Policy that is blocking services:

• Article ID: KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Don't bother with backup/restore...it's a new device and you really need to get it to a clean state and start totally fresh with it.

After this, proceed with the Buyer steps in the first KB...and hope that you can then proceed to configure for services on your carrier. If not, then it might be back to the seller.

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for your quick reply and detailed instructions. I'm on it and will update you as to my progress ...
Hall of Famer III

After re-reading and thinking some more, I do have one more question...what, exactly, makes you think there is anything Enterprise to be "removed" from the device? This is critical...it may be that there is no BES, for every BB device always offers Enterprise email configuration, but only those properly activated on their carrier receive ALSO Personal/Internet email settings to use. So please clarify the EXACT symptoms you are seeing...for much of the advice I gave you above may well be moot...