Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS Install Problem

farkas_levi wrote:

In my last post I just wrote i did that!

I know the steps, and i did them like 30 times last night just the way you wrote. In my last post i mentioned some errors, i need help troubleshooting those, instead of everybody telling me how to use the **bleep** loader, i've used it many times on many different models. Smiley Sad  

Wow!   Smiley Sad

... good luck.  

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

Krypto, i did the following, brand new Vista install (i had XP) DM 4,7 build 50, OS version .100. No antivirus and other stuff, no internet connection.

My device gets detected, but the DM says that there is no newer version for my device.

Any other ideeas?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Man, you've really got me stumped.  The other possible suggestion I have at this point is to go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and check what's listed there for BlackBerry Device Software.  There should only be the one installed, but as you did a fresh computer operating system install, it should be pretty much guaranteed you've only got the one version listed.

I really wish I could get a hold of your computer at this moment... this is truely driving me berserk, and I'm really interested in figuring out what the problem is.

Sorry I don't really know what else to suggest here... Smiley Sad  Have you been able to manage to get any OS back on your phone???  If not, I'm starting to wonder if you aren't maybe having a problem with the phone itself... we've pretty much ruled out the computer at this point.  If you know anyone else with a Storm, try using their computer and DM to see if it works, but if it doesn't...  The final suggestion is to wipe the phone again using option 4 in JL_Cmder (if you need help installing JL_Cmder on Vista, let me know - but basically use the non-installer version.  If you installed 64-bit Vista, let me know as there's a special way to get it to work).  After that, you might want to check with Vodafone and see if they can help. 

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Thanks for all your help guys and especially Krypto!

The computer part is ruled out for a long time in my point of view since older models 7290, 8707, 8100, 8310 update without any issues with my current settings. I was still hoping that the 9500 is a trickier model and has some special needs and I can get it to work... I got convinced that the 9500 has some issue since I could never update any OS and this is why I wiped it with JL.

I got annoyed and sent the device back to RIM to do something with it. I am really curios about their diagnostic...

Contributor

[ Edited ]

While we are on the subject-  This is what I get while trying to change a Verizon storm to .99.  The last time it wiped out my contacts so I restored it to .75.  This time I get the following message.

While running the APP Loader I get the following message:

Unable to Complete the loading operation

The device does not have sufficient storage space to accomodate your application selections.  Please sleect fewer optional applications or clear some application data from the device.  The device filesystem is full [J:0x000000D]

There is a screen for Device Application Selection.  When I run the Application Loader it has every application loaded.  Did I miss an instruction here?  Am I supposed to de-select everything except the Blackberry 4.7 System Software and thh 4.7 Core Applications?

If I deselect all of the applications except the system, the next page says "Applications to be deleted".  Everything de-selected is show an deleted such as Facebook, Help, MemoPad, Tasks, Word Mole, VZ Navigator, and on and on....

The upgrade instructions are so simple, I can't figure out why I am hitting so many brick walls here.  Any suggestions?

Message Edited by jerseygeorge on 02-10-2009 09:17 AM
Message Edited by jerseygeorge on 02-10-2009 09:21 AM
Elite I

I'd be interested in the diagnostic results as well!

As to your problem jerseygeorge, I remember seeing this somewhere else but don't remember where.  I know you stated elsewhere that you got your phone up and running, so I hope this is just for interest sake at this point, but if I find the location for where this problem was listed and the solution, I'll post it.  I'll try to look tonight.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Krypto wrote:

As to your problem jerseygeorge, I remember seeing this somewhere else but don't remember where.  I know you stated elsewhere that you got your phone up and running, so I hope this is just for interest sake at this point, but if I find the location for where this problem was listed and the solution, I'll post it.  I'll try to look tonight.

Krypto-  Thanks, yes I did get it up and running with .99.  I just lost a lot of applications that had to be re-installed (quick launch, google maps, facebook, etc).  All key components were there, and I did not lose my contact list like I did the last time.

Elite I

Thanks for the update!  I'm not entirely sure what might've happened as I've started wiping my phone before each update, meaning that I have to reload all my apps anyhow.

New Contributor

Just to share an observation: I have the same issue with "email setup application cannot...." I noticed that Blackberry System Software is missing from the list of applications to install/upgrade. When it is present I do not get that message. Also I only get the message if I wipe using JL Cmder. I have updated and downgraded my storms several times but this last one was not allowing me to upgrade so I used JL.

If anyone knows of any reason why Blackberry System Software would not be listed to be upgraded let me know.

New Contributor

ok removing and reinstalling the OS solved it.