Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: RIM Curve 8320

OS Updating for Mac users

I am a new Curve 8320 user and I have PocketMac for software downloads, but how do Mac users download/install OS updates? I am running 4.2 and I would like to update to the latest OS which I believe is 4.5. I can't find a way via BB website or PocketMac.

Thanks for any help. 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
OS 4.6.0.168

Re: OS Updating for Mac users

Have to install windows xp to do this.

Mac doesn't support this.

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Contributor

Thanks for the response but my question was how do I update the OS on my Curve if I can't use PocketMac? There has to be a way to do it.

Trace 

Contributor
OS 4.6.0.168

Like I said before, you MUST use Windows XP or a Windows based operating sysem to do it using Desktop Manager.
If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
Contributor

How do I update the OS on my Blackberry 8320 Curve without using a desktop manager?

Thanks again phybersplice but my question still stands:

How do I update the OS on my Blackberry 8320 Curve (without using a desktop manager)?

Contributor
OS 4.6.0.168

Re: How do I update the OS on my Blackberry 8320 Curve without using a desktop manager?

You can't!!!!!!

Contributor

Re: How do I update the OS on my Blackberry 8320 Curve without using a desktop manager?

I can't believe that. I will contact BB and T-Mobile directly and see if there is a work-around.

Thanks for your input dude.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The work around is to use Windows and the Blackberry Desktop software just like you have been told. There is no Mac device OS upgrade possible through PocketMac or any other software at this time. Either use a friends Windows machine like I did or run Windows on an Intel Mac. Believe it or not that's just the way it is until RIM brings out a Mac based Desktop Manager (rumoured in 2009)
Contributor

Thanks Biff. I also read there will be a RIM Mac Desktop Media app coming out eventually which is nice since BB users DO use Macs too.

:robotmad:

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yes I saw that a while back as well. Personally I don't give a rat's ass about syncing media. I'd much rather RIM spend their energy on a stable, Mac based, two-way syncing of contacts, calendars, e-mail, tasks, and memos, plus allowing for device OS upgrades. Photos and music I can drag and drop on the desktop from my Mac to the SD card in my Pearl when I need to.