Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Page Plus

OS & Desktop Manager

I have OS 5.0.0.508 for my BB 8530 can I use Desktop 7.1 without having an update on my bb. My phone is being jailbreaked for another provider and I need to keep the same OS.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: OS & Desktop Manager

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

In almost all cases, the version of the Desktop Software you use is irrelevant to the device model/OS level that you have. You should always use the most up to date Desktop Software version, and you can fully manage your BB with it, regardless of what OS level your BB is running.

There is one exception to that, but I can't recall what model BB it refers to...I thought it was 8520, not 8530...but I really can't recall for sure, and I can't quickly find any references to that exception.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................