06-19-2012 05:27 PM
I am desperately trying to CHANGE my firmware. i currently have 699 version bundle 1133 and i want v126.96.36.1993. no matter what i try , it won't update.
i tried following the guide @ http://berryshout.com/?content=1&l=en but in Apploader it doesn't say anything about my OS , just about the installed apps. can't change the OS. i tried wiping but apploader won't recognize any other os but v188.8.131.529. meaning if the device has no os and i try installing one via bb manager , the only one available is that **bleep** 699 version. no matter i have other OS'es installed on my pc. help please
06-19-2012 05:50 PM
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML (there will be at least one, perhaps 2)
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
From what you describe, it sounds like VENDOR.XML is your issue...
Good luck and let us know!
06-19-2012 06:19 PM
did all that.. deleted all the OS's , installed the desired one , deleted vendor xml , tried updating via apploader still nothing. tried update via bb manager , doesn't even see it.. X_X tried "Load OS" via BBSAK , it says no os installed.. may the problem be i'm running windows 8 ?
06-19-2012 06:34 PM
may the problem be i'm running windows 8 ?
Yup...I'd put money on that one. None of the tools I know of are yet compatible with Win8, so YMMV. I'd recommend finding a PC with Win7.