08-23-2013 02:03 PM
08-28-2013 06:21 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
First off...please do disconnect from your computer and try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):
This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.
It is also possible that your battery has been damaged...to test, this sequence is needed:
The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.
Once you have your battery charged and validated as OK, then you can proceed with attempting to reload your OS.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
You may also need the use of these tricks:
Good luck and let us know!