03-03-2012 08:33 AM
I have tried to reinstall the Desktop software, delete all system preferences, cahce, etc. : Didn't work
This problem is reccurent, every single time :
Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
03-27-2012 05:04 PM
I have exactly the same problem with my device and my Mac. I was wondering if you were able to find a resolution?
03-28-2012 03:22 PM
Ok, I fixed mine. Try this
1. Restart your bberry (take battery out, wait 10 seconds, put it back)
2. Restart your Mac
3. Plug the bberry to the Mac (after it's back on -this usually takes longer than the Mac restart)
04-27-2012 12:22 AM
no luck with my bb on osx lion. On Win7 the bb desktop mgr connects straight away to the bb but fails on the mac consistently, so this cannot be because of IT policy. come on RIM, this is your chance to get some market share back before we all ditch the bb in favour of ...
04-27-2012 12:38 AM
Did get tethering working though, even if desktop software doesn't connect to the bb:
1. install the desktop software (presumably just for the device driver)
2. connect the bb to the mac
3. open system preferences, select Network, a dialog "New Interface Detected" should pop up. Click on OK and Apply
4. Follow the step-by-step configuration guide on http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocume
5. For Rogers, configure for:
Telephone Number: *99#
Account Name: wapuser1
06-24-2012 04:42 PM
Having the same problem here. This is a huge annoyance because I have an App that took me forever to build, now I'm going to have to have to get windows running on my other computer which has linux on it at the moment. Unless there is a Desktop client for Linux as well.
07-19-2012 11:46 PM