Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 - 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Office 2010 - Outlook

I will also opt for the CompanionLink software because I don't want to go unsynched any longer. I've used the trial period and everything works great. Once synched (initial synch is slow) the update works faster than with BD. In the long run I'm waiting for the Verizon supported IPhone which now appears immenent in January 2011. I've had Blackberry's for nearly 4 years but frankly I already use an ITouch and use that for WiFi enabled email and web browsing so I see no reason to go down with the Blackberry ship...

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: MTN

Hi, 

Well here we are on the first day of Q3 2010.  As far as I can tell, v6 of BBDM has not yet been released - and we have been told that it will be during this quarter.

So we are at day 1 of 92.

I'm in the same boat as a lot of people, new Acer laptop, Windows 7 Professional x64, Office Professional 2010 and no link to my Blackberry.

I'm not going to threaten to (or actually move to) a new phone/carrier as I DO love my Blackberry.  However the relationship has been soured somewhat by what seems to be a preventable error.

Why were RIM caught with their pants down?

Why has there been no proper communication around this? 

By not listing Office 2010 in the 'system requirements' they have covered their bases, but is does appear to be a 'small print' communication.

Please, please, please can RIM post onto the BB website , on the front page, in big type when version 6 of BBDM will be available (or even the Beta?).

Regards

Chewie

New Contributor
My Device: Curve Flip 8220
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the e-mail address. I didn't see that anywhere on the RIM/BB sites... is this the only way for a normal person to send feedback to them?

This isn't about carrier support. This is about a CORE part of the Blackberry ownership experience. People all use the same BDM - no matter which carrier they're on. T-Mobile doesn't care which desktop e-mail client I use, nor do I expect them to; their part of the equation works perfectly.

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: vodafone

but well that syncs with Outlook 2010 on my new HTC DESIRE Smiley Tongue

VERY GOOD RIM

in my office 10 blackberry, now 10 HTC DESIRE....

Bye bye

My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Movistar

here is the scary truth: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17149

"Currently, BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1 does not support Microsoft Outlook 2010 64-bit version for mailbox connectivity and synchronization of organizer data such as Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos. The next release of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager provides support for Microsoft Outlook 2010 32-bit version only. This release is targeted for August 2010. Support for Microsoft Outlook 2010 64-bit version will be available in 2011."

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you for this disappointing update. I have been hanging on, waiting and hoping that there will be a release 'any day'...what is this - is RIM about to sell out to Apple....time to buy the Companion Link software and ditch the phone in due course...

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100

Thank you so much for posting this link.  Well at least they finally owned up to where RIMM is at.  I so loved my blackberry, but I too bought a new HP laptop Windows 7 64 bit.  I had XP, skipped Vista due to lack of stability, so I don't have Outlook 2007 to dumb down too. 

If you need your address book on your Outlook 2010, you can take your Outlook 2003 and probably 2007 too, but I don't have 2007 so I don't know, and create an outlook export file PST.  Then you can import that into Outlook 2010.  It worked seemlessly.  So for now I synch to my old laptop to outlook 2003, then export an updated PST file to my USB drive.  I plug the USB drive into my new PC and import the PST file and select to ignore duplicates.  It works, just a real pain to do. 

This will suffice until I see android phone I like.  For t-Mobile fans, check out the new Android being released on July 21st, Samsung Vibrant.  This phone weights 2 oz less than the

i"got problems"phone, opps iphone, and is thinner and seems to have all the necessary apps a BB user could want.  Also it will synch to outlook 2010 they say. 

My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I work off 2 9630 on verizon synced for 2 weekd and than stopped?? Verizon said that BB is working on it, I have a BETA verison.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: TIM

However if you instal office 2010 32 bit as an update of 2007, it works well.

I think that in August, RIM will make a new version of DM compatible both with Office 2010 32 and 64 bit.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I did fresh install of office 2010 and it would not work. I tried upgrade of 2007 to 2010 and still did not work. I did fresh install again of 2010 then manually copied my 2007 pst file over and it works Smiley Happy You have to use the old 2007 profile. I have used it this way for at least a month now and I have 100% functionality, Robot tongue