Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps
Accepted Solution

Official 9530 4.7.0.90 Leak Thread!!

[ Edited ]

OK, so i cant post the link for the download on here, so you'll just have to google 4.7.0.90

this build is AWSOME

Message Edited by jeff1974w on 01-21-2009 11:54 PM

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Forums Advisor III

Re: Official 9530 4.7.0.90 Leak Thread!!

all i can say is WOW.   the browser is 1000x's faster!

full keyboard in portrait mode

larger keys in landscape mode

super fast switching between apps

landscape to portrait is smooth and flawless

the only thing that still needs work that i see is still the lag in the camera, but rim sure did this build good!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

Anybody else??????

I just got the .87

Is this worth it?

If I helped Kudos me.
If I solved it, I loved to help.

-----
BB8000
BB9500
NOKIA E71
QTEK9100
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Jeff,

I am trying to install the new version .90 but i cant seem to get it to work with blackberry desktop manager. I have the newest version but after I install the .90 version and open bb desktop manager it does not find the new installation. What can i do to fix this? I have installed all the other beta versions with no problem at all.

Thank you very much.  You are always very helpful.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jeff -

Can you... step by step .. in great, painstaking detail .. describe how you installed this leaked OS for us?  And yes.. I mean really dumb it up for a newb.. please Smiley Happy  I'll fed-ex you some donuts Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by frbjeffj on 01-22-2009 09:30 AM
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

If I were unsure of how to install an unofficial release and needed step-by-step directions, I'd probably reconsider going down that road.  Once you do, you are on your own and have voided your official support options.  The people on this forum are great, but if you're not the most tech-savvy person or a self-described newb then it may be risky for you. 

Contributor

Software development/QA testing, hardware, networking .. no newb here.. Do it for a living.. However, I've run into a few instances (being a first time BBerry user/owner) where installing a leaked OS doesn't seem to work as described in some posts.. so I was just curious how Jeff did it.. asking for his specific steps taken.. for replication purposes Smiley Happy

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

Everyone has different levels of experience and I was just trying to re-iterate the "use at your own risk" nature of these leaks. 
Forums Advisor III

1.  download and install .90 to your computer.

2.  open your PC's Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader and then delete the Vendor file, which is in XML format.  If you don't delete the other vendor's file, the software won't be able to install the software on your carrier-locked device. 

3.  connect storm to computer

4.  in the screen where you deleted the vendor.xml file, scroll to the top and you will see the loader file, double click and follow the onscreen directions!

Contributor

No no .. I appreciate the re-interation.. and it's definitely a use at your own risk.. I've learned that the hard way Smiley Happy  I had no idea Berry's where such a learning curve Smiley Happy