Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Official 9530 4.7.0.90 Leak Thread!!

lucky13 wrote:

Some observations on .90:

1.  Didn't connect the Storm to my enterprise server for a couple of days after I DLed 90.  It activated w/out problem, but I could not highlight an email in the main list.  Secondary email lists (additional addresses) and all other apps highlighted OK.  Even though there was no blue highlight, I was able to point and click to open the email.  A battery pull restored normal operation.

2.  Have had a freeze during music playback (between songs), as others have reported.

3.  I love the full QWERTY keyboard on portrait.  But the blue penumbra is now too wide for the narrower keys, making it more likely to press the wrong key.  The highlight needs to be more focused.

4.  Still too difficult to log on to a password-protected site.  Pressing the enter key after typing the password does not complete the log on, as it does on a PC.  And it's still hard to accurately hover over the submit button to click it (without panning or enlarging the screen, even in cursor mode and column view).  In my view, we need a TAB button to move between fill-in fields:  type logon, TAB, type password, TAB, click on submit button.

I've noticed at least a couple of threads here for wish lists for the storm.  Could one of the moderators open an "official" wish list, so all the suggestions could be in one place.  Perhaps this could be made a sticky thread.

One day later:

No freezes, but--

Music player displayed no song details--just a black screen.  Progress bar worked, however.

Blue highlight bar in mail email folder disappeared again.

Battery pull solved both problems.

For me, portrait QWERTY outweighs these bugs, esp. with .100 on the way.

Contributor

New problem:  The Storm isn't connecting to Desktop Manager with .90

This has happened on 2 different PCs.

The charging light on the battery symbol appears, and the battery charges.

But if you open DM, the BB screen alternates between the home screen (or whatever app was open) and the connection screen (BB and PC icons with arrows between them).

The PC emits the MS connection beep when you try to do something (backup, transfer music), but doesn't stay connected.

An error message appears on the PC: There was a communication error between the device and the Desktop Manager/

This did not happen before. 

Oddly, the only process that works is the app loader, so I guess I won't have a problem getting .100

When I checked for software, it told me correctly that I was running software newer than that available through DM.

Contributor

I just downloaded and installed this new version and I love it.  The new keyboard options are great and even the old ones seem easier to use.

But... I do have one issue I am hoping someone can help me with.  My text messages and personal email are working just fine.  But my company email (enterprise) is not working at all.  I am not receiving any email.  And if I try to compose an email I can do that, but not send it (only save it as a draft).

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!

Contributor

shaneyb72 wrote:

I just downloaded and installed this new version and I love it.  The new keyboard options are great and even the old ones seem easier to use.

But... I do have one issue I am hoping someone can help me with.  My text messages and personal email are working just fine.  But my company email (enterprise) is not working at all.  I am not receiving any email.  And if I try to compose an email I can do that, but not send it (only save it as a draft).

Thanks!

Have you connected the Storm to the PC or Laptop running your enterprise software? 

If you downloaded 90 from a different computer, you have to connect it to a pc connected to the enterprise server to activate your enterprise email account.

Highlighted
Contributor

I installed .90 last Friday and am mostly very happy with the results.  I've put all the different leaked updates and this has made the phone run as most of us probably expected it to when we purchased it.  My only issue is that the phone has re-booted twice durning phone calls and it never did that before.  When it re-starts I only get the Verizon screen and then I have to do a battery-pull.  Then it works fine.  I can't find any rhyme or reason for the rebooting - it seems to be totally random.
Contributor

lucky13 wrote:

shaneyb72 wrote:

Thanks!

Have you connected the Storm to the PC or Laptop running your enterprise software? 

If you downloaded 90 from a different computer, you have to connect it to a pc connected to the enterprise server to activate your enterprise email account.

I'm not sure I follow.  I used my laptop to download and install 90 and it worked just fine.  I never connected my Storm to a PC to perform the enterprise activation the first time.  I just followed the instructions from my company.  They said go to options/advanced options/enterprise activation.  Once there I am supposed to enter my email and the pw they gave me and click activate.  But no PC connection is required.  But when I do that I get an error after about 1 minute.  Any other ideas?

Thanks again!

Contributor

shaneyb72 wrote:
I'm not sure I follow.  I used my laptop to download and install 90 and it worked just fine.  I never connected my Storm to a PC to perform the enterprise activation the first time.  I just followed the instructions from my company.  They said go to options/advanced options/enterprise activation.  Once there I am supposed to enter my email and the pw they gave me and click activate.  But no PC connection is required.  But when I do that I get an error after about 1 minute.  Any other ideas?

Thanks again!

I don't know why it's not working the way you're trying it.

Here's what I did:

I DLed 90 over the weekend on a home computer that does not have my work (enterprise) email sent to Outlook.  The DL was successful, and my secondary email accounts worked, but my enterprise email did not send or receive.  (My workaround was to log onto my office PC through a VPN and set up a rule to forward all my office email to a personal email.)

When I got into the office on Monday, I connected my BB to my computer.  It automatically started to activate the enterprise account.  When the BB said, activation complete, I unhooked it and all was back to normal.

Contributor

lucky13 wrote:

shaneyb72 wrote:

Thanks again!

Here's what I did:

I DLed 90 over the weekend on a home computer that does not have my work (enterprise) email sent to Outlook.  The DL was successful, and my secondary email accounts worked, but my enterprise email did not send or receive.  (My workaround was to log onto my office PC through a VPN and set up a rule to forward all my office email to a personal email.)

When I got into the office on Monday, I connected my BB to my computer.  It automatically started to activate the enterprise account.  When the BB said, activation complete, I unhooked it and all was back to normal.

lucky13 wrote:

shaneyb72 wrote:

Thanks again!

Here's what I did:

lucky13 wrote:

shaneyb72 wrote:

Thanks again!

Here's what I did:

Well, I finally got it.  I do not need to connect my phone to any PC to do it.  My company does it over the air.  BUT... the pw they set is only good for about 2-3 days.  After that if you need to reactivate the enterprise server then you have to log onto a site where we can set a new pw that will be good for another 2-3 days.

Anyway, I'm up and running again!

Thanks!

Developer

Okay,

some People seem to have problems with the "normal rescue" way.

In my Case it dont worked too.

So if you tried to Reinstall with the Apploader, the Apploader /nojvm, the DeviceManager, wiping with JL_Cmder and nothing worked for you...

(I was getting the "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."-error all the time)

Here's what helped me:

1.) Theres no need to hurry up, while trying to "catch" the storm in a available state.

Simple remove the Battery, attach it to computer, and wait. After the first reboot, the Storm remains available

while showing the "Battery not inserted"-Symbol.

2.) find, download and Install the "BlackBerry Master Control Program" and downloaded and installed an offical release of the Blackberry Firmware.

3.) Start the tool. Click on the middle icon, in the first row (options). On the right side enter "BrickBerry"

4) Select your Pin from the dropdown on the left side.

5.) klick on the third button in the left column. (OS Setup Wizzard)

6.) Now select the "old" OS from the dropdown and click on install.

If its not in the list, make sure, that you have already downloaded and installed an offical release of the Blackberry Firmware.

7.) Now the BMC wipes the Blackberry first - The Apploader pops up after.

Now prepare to be "fast" - i needed to practice the "clicks" 3 times before i get to the setup "in Time".

8.) Select your Pin from the Apploaders Dropdown and click on next. Still wait, even if you hear the "USB-Disconnect"

sounds. Your Apploader should get the device and show a loadingbar.

9.) After this Loadingbar disappears, click on next fast.

10.) The Apploader now shows 2 radio Buttons - choose the Lower one (install older apps and os from Desktop manager)

If this is NOT the case, make sure, that you have already downloaded and installed an offical release of the Blackberry Firmware.

11.) next > next > next

(dont select any additional OS packages - you can install them later with the desktop manager)

12.) Finally setup should start....

If you dont reach the "Setup Progress" Before the Blackberry disconnects again, you have to start over @ #1 again.

13.) Insert Battery while the setup progress has just begun. (Carefull, not disconnecting the cable)

I hope this may save someone else's BB to.

Worked for me on the Storm: Version .90 --> .75

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

good post

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com