Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Official 9530 4.7.0.90 Leak Thread!!

I've had the same thing happen to me... installed .90 yesterday, and last night/today I've had several random resets. then on reset it only shows the verizon screen. after i do a battery pull everything is kosher, at least for a few hrs, then i have to do it again... 

Anybody got any ideas? 

Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me.  I just kept pulling the battery and it only took about a day of that and so far, no Verizon screen and it's been two days.  Keep your fingers crossed.  Come on Verizon, please make stay with Verizon.  Yesturday I called AT&T and asked about switching just to see the difference.  I know their coverage is terrible, but at least Apple got the iPhone working much soon.  I'm not switching yet.  I'll wait for one more official release.  If it doesn't get better, I'm switching.

mattixc

Contributor

me too. even though i m in a different country (UK) and with a 9500 im fed up with the compramises that you have to make with this phone.

if you want better this then you have to sacrifice that - bull&hit !

cant RIM get it sorted with a working decent OS ??

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I upgraded to .90 today and have been playing with it for a couple hours.

Thanks for the instructions Jeff, they were pretty simple to follow, for me atleast...

For the most part I like .90. I have only had the storm for about 2 weeks and still had .75 running.

90 definitely has sharper responses, quicker memu navigating, faster browser, and the camera shutter speed improved nearly 100%. 

However, as I was playing with it more, I found out some negatives (I know its a leaked os and will have bugs, i'm just stating these to see if anyone else had these issues and if they were fixed quickly)

If I do a batt pull, it takes literally 7-8 minutes to reboot. Really weird

Some menus I go through will be really fast, great .90 speed, but then all of a sudden the whole phone goes slow, and every menu I open the little centered clock shows for a split second , which now makes it almost the slowness of .75 again. 

My Aerize alerts is bugging out with .90, it brings me to the "search" screen when I hit "open" on a sms alert pop-up. Im gonna try deleting and re-installing.

Also, sometimes the touch screen doesnt respond right away, like the first/second time I touch a button to press.

I may go back to .75 because Jeff wonderfully told us that .100 may be out in a week or two  so hopefully it will and then no one will have to worry about their problems upgrading to .90 and no one will complain about the bugs of a leaked os.

I may be a newb as far as posts go, but im definitely an advanced thread reader..

Message Edited by romajr86 on 01-31-2009 10:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
75>90>99>103>109>113
Apps: BB Maps, Google Maps, iSilo, QuickLaunch, Good Food Near You, Drink Book, Berry Buzz, Car Finder, AIM, V Cast Music/Rhapsody, Weatherbug, Storm Lock, Flashlight, Level, Pandora, RDM+
Games: Brick Breaker, Word Mole, Nintaii, Reversi, AI Checkers, Flight Path, Space Travel, Doodle,Helicopter, CoinToss
dgg
My Device: Storm 9530

Each time I applied  an OS upgrade (.90 & .103) it got almost to the end of the restore and then errored out restoring the Application Data.  The error stated that I could restore from the LoaderBackup-(YYYY-MM-DD).ipd.

I used the process specified (deleting vendor.xml)

I tried to restore the backup (Regular & Advanced) and received the message "Error restoring database(s)".  The errors occurred on many files. 

Is there any way to override the errors?  All of my application data is gone.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

this has happened to me once.  once your phone is done updating with the new os, you just need to find that file and upload it to the phone and then everything will be ok.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Highlighted
dgg
My Device: Storm 9530

Any ideas on the restore issue I posted yesterday?  I wasn't sure if your post was addressed to my issue.