Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Official Verizon BlackBerry Storm Device Software Upgrade

Hi,

Have there been any official upgrades for BES users since 0.75?  As a BES user, will I automatically get an OTA upgrade available notice (I check regularly under advanced options, wireless upgrade, but nothing since early December), or does my adminstrator have to allow this before I'll even get the OTA option?

Thanks

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Is there an Upgrade for the BB Storm 9530?

I tried the One on My Phone When I clicked Wireless Upgrade for 4.7.0.75

But I got No Upgrade Available?

Contributor

Windos1953 wrote:

Is there an Upgrade for the BB Storm 9530?

I tried the One on My Phone When I clicked Wireless Upgrade for 4.7.0.75

But I got No Upgrade Available?

Well my husband has .90 on his right now but he is putting .103 OS on there right now as we speak.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

I have Connected the  BBDM & No Upgrade there Either?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The only "official" release from Verizon is OS version .75.  All other versions there after have been leaked or unofficial.  When a new O S version is officially released by Verizon, you will be notified of the new O S upgrade when connected to the Desktop Manager software or through the wireless OTA (Over the Air) upgrade option via your Storm.  Also, any new official O S release by Verizon will be posted on this board.  
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

mindytyson3 wrote:
Well my husband has .90 on his right now but he is putting .103 OS on there right now as we speak.

Right now I'm dling DMB50 as mine is only .25 Smiley Surprised

Please let me know how he likes it...I have it, just not installed Smiley Wink

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Windos1953 wrote:
I have Connected the  BBDM & No Upgrade there Either?

Hey Windos1953, in order to get the upgrade we're all referring to, you'll have to go searching for it as it's an unofficial leaked update.  Basically, since it's not official, install at your own risk (although I'm finding that .103 is pretty good right now).

I can't remember which version of phone you have, but if you want to do this upgrade, Google 4.7.0.103 for the 9530, or 4.7.0.106 for the 9500.  When you find the correct link, they'll also have instructions on how to do the upgrade, or you can follow my instructions here.  Be sure to manually back up your phone's data first, just in case anything goes wrong and the phone doesn't back up/restore correctly during the update process.

Edit:  I just noticed you're on the 9530, so search for 4.7.0.103.  Again, install at your own risk... if you don't want to take the risk, just wait a little while longer for the next official update (tentatively scheduled for the end of March/early April for Verizon users if you believe what people are saying).

Message Edited by Krypto on 02-16-2009 12:59 AM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Hey Krypto

I downloaded the upgrade from Vodafone Greece, all 116 MB of it onto my Windows pc, ran the software, but when i connected my Storm to the Desktop Manager / Application Loader it doesn't show the Upgrade is available. I'm still on Version 4.7.0.78 and the Upgrade is for 4.7.0.100. Searched all over the pc, it shows the software upgrade is sitting there (somewhere) but I dont know why it won't upgrade it on the handset. Many hours of hair-pulling last night!! :manmad:

All this, on top of my Mac - Blackberry communication issues.... 

Contributor

Have any BES users out there tried the unofficial upgrades?  Since I use this phone regularly for work, I don't think I'm going to take any chances, but just curious what the experience has been for BES users (i.e., can you do it, does it interfere with the connection to work, etc)?

Thanks

Contributor

Hi Bbedingfield,

I too am on a BES and don't want to foul up my set up at work.  Especially

since I have had none of the many problems that you see on these boards

(Many of which are from people who have loaded these unofficial OS updates). 

I agree with you that waiting for the next official release, and suffering

with the shortcomings of .075 is the safest, albeit painful option. 

Many of the 3rd party .apps have come out with recent storm friendly versions

and if it was not for turning off the compatibility mode on the other apps.  I might

have lost my mind and my patience.  My biggest issue right now is and has been since

the beginning has been with the slowness of the web.  I long for the day when I don't

have to stare at the progress bar for anywhere from 2 seconds to 15 seconds to load

the the next web page or next screen. 

I guess all good things will come with time, but with everyone having a different guess. 

I hear the next new Official OS is coming the first two weeks of Feb., the last two weeks

of Feb., sometime in March and sometime in the second quarter--Who really knows for sure?. 

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that the next official OS upgrade will be coming "Later".

I hope your Storm experience is has positive as mine has been so far.

Regards,

Cdskidso