Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Old provider keeps registering my Blackberry so I can´t use the Blackberry services with my new provider - how to get rid of that if the old provider doesn´t unregister?

Hey,

I have been in Mexico for a while where I used my Blackberry with the company Telcel. Now I´m back in Germany (for 3 months already) and Telcel still keeps blocking my Blackberry so my provider here (o2) can´t register me.

Is there a way to kick Telcel off?

O2 told me to talk to Telcel because they couldn´t do anything as long as they keep registering. But Telcel is the worst company I ever got to know and doesn´t unregister. It´s not their Blackberry (I bought it before going to Mexico) so I guess there must be a way to get rid of them. At least I hope so!

Is there anybody who could help me?

Cheers,

Meike

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Old provider keeps registering my Blackberry so I can´t use the Blackberry services with my new provider - how to get rid of that if the old provider doesn´t unregister?

Hello Meike

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I suggest first refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB03889  : Changing the service provider or network

If you don't have any Unpaid due with your previous Carrier then you can try any Online vendor to unlocked your device. Go through this helpful article Unlocking your BlackBerry Guide , .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Re: Old provider keeps registering my Blackberry so I can´t use the Blackberry services with my new provider - how to get rid of that if the old provider doesn´t unregister?

Thank you for your quick response! Smiley Happy

Well the problem isn´t the SIM-lock. My Blackberry isn´t SIM-locked. It´s just the registration of my PIN. My current provider isn´t able to register my Blackberry by its PIN to enable the BlackBerry Internet Service 
because of the enduring registration of Telcel. Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello Meike

Well.. If you already have a Unlocked device then you should Call your previous Carrier to re-confirm if you have any Unpaid dues or bill , Most Carrier will not release the PIN unless they have any Unpaid dues . So , please call your previous Carrier again.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.