Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

One Birthday off One Hour

I have search high and low and it seems that the issue I have has been discussed in one form or another, but no solution has been found. Here is what's happening: one birthday entered into Outlook (either via putting a birthday into a Contact record or via direct input into the Calendar that is marked for all day) ends up shifting one hour on the BlackBerry. So, instead of an All Day appointment on the BlackBerry, it shows as 1 am to 1 am the next day. In Outlook (connected to Exchange), the appointment still shows as All Day (12 am to 12 am).

I have deleted the Calendar entry in Outlook and recreated it in Outlook, but that doesn't work. I have deleted the date in the Contact record in Outlook and re-entered it in Outlook, but that doesn't work. I have edited the Calendar entry on the BlackBerry to be an All Day event, but as soon as the BlackBerry checks in with Exchange, the entry switches back to being one hour off. I just checked OWA and it too shows the Calendar entry with the correct date information. It's only the BlackBerry that's off one hour, and it's only this one record.

This only happens with one particular Contact, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Does anyone have a solution for this, or is my OCD about this one particular entry being off one hour going to drive me even more insane?