Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

One last try!

I have almost completely given up on the idea that I can sync my BB with my mac.  Im done with pocketmac , and from what I read, missing sync has problems too. I found a suggestion of using google sync as a round about way to sync your calendar and I have been trying to set that up, but cant get google sync to work (again). Posted this issue under the software section. Am I missing something?  Is there a way to sync my blackberry and mac that actually works? I like my blackberry, but this is ridiculous.  What good is a smart phone that you cant even sync with you home calendar, contacts, etc...  I switched to a mac to avoid these type of headaches and am not going back.  Verizons hopeful iphone is looking pretty to me right now! 

My Device: 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: One last try!

The Missing Sync is a very popular, highly-regarded BB-Mac syncing solution. 

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: ATT

Re: One last try!

As someone who has spent over three years trying -- and failing -- to get MissingSync to work between my BB9000 and my Mac, I can absolutely attest to the FACT that MissingSync is not a "highly regarded" solution.  It is garbage -- unreliable and glitchy in the extreme.  The worst part about it is that it often fails in undisclosed part.  For example, tonight I did a sync and it took two of my new calendar adds and skipped a third without telling me.  There have been numerous times this has happened to me and I then go on the road with only my BB only to find that the info on where I'm going, who I'm seeing, phone numbers, etc. has not been synced from my Mac to my BB.  Completely unacceptable. When you talk to the folks at MarkSpace (Missing Sync), it's always a "known Mac problem."  Like that does me any good or solves the problem. I think the folks at MarkSpace are rip-off artists.

I've just logged into this forum to see if anything else has come around to solve this problem.  "Hey, RIM, how about your own Desktop software for Mac?!?!"  But it seems that's still as lousy as when it was first launched. 

The situation is completely pathetic. It's enough to drive me back to a PC.  Like Cumby, I switched my household and work to Mac three years ago to avoid these headaches.  But I must say, experiences like these make me reconsider my decision.  I can honestly say I have more IT headaches at home and office now than I ever had when I was a PC/Blackberry user.