Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

One way sync from BB to Mac

Hello,

Does anyone who has the new 2.0 version of dektop manager know if this allows one way sync of your blackberry to your mac?

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: One way sync from BB to Mac

Rosengoo wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone who has the new 2.0 version of dektop manager know if this allows one way sync of your blackberry to your mac?

Thanks.

Yes this does, and has in the previous version as well, but not the same way you see in the WINDOWS version. 

For each item: Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks, highlight one item, an then select ADVANCED switch arrow at the bottom middle of the screen. There you'll see "Replace all … on this BB device" which deletes items on the BB with your Mac Mail, iCal, etc. without this setting if the BB has the latest information then it'll update the Mac with Two Way Sync enabled (which is by default) on the top middle for each item selected. Mac's are more intuitive this way. No fuss, less MUSS. 

My Device: Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

There does not seem to be any way to do this. You can do a one-way sync from your Mac to your BB, but not the other way around.

My Device: Storm

The Desktop Manager for Windows is so much better than the one for Mac.  Why is that?  Does RIM not want to satisfy Mac customers? How hard could it be to provide the same functionality as the Windows version?  One way sync is a very useful tool but sadly lacking in the Mac version.  Perhaps RIM should provide additional training for it's 5th grade programmers!  Looks like I'll be getting an iPhone for Christmas.

My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Same problem with me. I am REALLY missing this feature on my mac. Currently my way how to get my BlackBerry contacts & calendar (BB is my MASTER) just one-way on my mac (any by that on my iPad and iPhone) is first to delete all stuff on the Mac, sync, then my BB is empty (!!!), then sync my BB (OTA) again with my Exchange and THEN sync it again with my Mac.

RIM please include this feature asap to your software and notify me.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hello,

Any update on this with the new version of bb desktop?

I still need to do a one way sync from BB to my Mac?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello All

The latest version of Desktop Manager 2.1.0 is just as useless as the previous versions. Because of no one way sync from BB to Mac I haven't actually sync'd since 2009, when I lost all my BB contacts. If RIM don't sort this out before Sept 2011 I'm going over to iphone 5 and suggest you all do as well. The mass exodus will serve them right.

RIM, DON'T SAY YOU WEREN'T WARNED
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

First post here on the BB site. 

Long time BB user, new macbook user. Really frustrated about this as well. My business deals with clients and production companies which change their contact info quite frequently and the sync causes all the old info from the last sync to replace the info on my bb or creates duplicate entries. Why can't RIM create a one-way button OR at least have the conflict resolution box where we can choose "device wins" in the event of a conflict. So aggravating! I have to sync my bb on my old HP laptop (and good thing I did because I tried deleting all files in the address book on my mac and doing the regular two-way sync and even though the "replace" box wasn't checked, the mac erased my entire address book except for 9 random contacts). 

Luckily, I was able to restore my contacts from my HP backup but I don't want to have to keep a PC around just to sync my blackberry.

Looks like I may have to switch devices. Sad. Smiley Sad

P.S. Even though I've switched to just about all things apple, I'm PCgirl on CB.com and BlackberryForums.com so I kept the same username.

My Device: BlackBerry 9780

I agree with all the posts on this thread – my new MacBook's Address Book is currently empty, so if I can only choose two-way sync (there is NO other option on DM!), logic tells me it will wipe my contacts off my BlackBerry if these are synced. (I've backed up using DM but from reading other posts even this is not a guarantee I can restore the contacts.)

From reading other people's posts for whom a two-way sync deleted their contacts, seems this is a major flaw in DM for Mac. I only want to sync my contacts off my BlackBerry to my Mac, not the other around! Some of the posts of people who lost their contacts are dated 2011, so why has BlackBerry not fixed this for Mac users?

Is the only way to get my contacts safely off my BlackBerry to type them in to a new phone / Mac manually?!

I need to save the contacts somehow, does anyone have any other solutions? Gmail doesn't offer a sync withe BlackBerry anymore.

Like other users fed up with lack of support for BlackBerry, I am close to switching to iPhone too...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Made the transition from BB to iphone Oct 2012. Its a one way trip, you will never go back. Black-buried!!