Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

One way to stream radio audio to your BB

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me find software that would permit me to listen to an existing internet radio feed on my BB.

I struck out finding software that resides on my BB and instead found moodio.fm

This site allows you to create a list of stations you would like to listen to and outputs those signals in a format that BB can handle.

This system is easy to set-up and works great!

Hope this info helps others interested in listening to streaming audio.

Cheers,

Kent

Re: One way to stream radio audio to your BB

I tired this on my BB Bold - but it did not work. I'm not getting any error messages just no sound on my radio sites that I added. Any suggestions?

Hi Kent - thanks so much for this tip!! I've spent *hours* trying to find a way to stream radio audio to my Bold. I've found Flycast mostly fine, except that there are problems with my favorite stations (of course), which have now been solved with you kind help. Moodio offers way more stations and options than Flycast, so I'm delighted (finally)!

aloha,

Sina

I believe I have found your answer.  I tried this free tool out on my Blackberry Curve and it works like a charm!

Go to www.moodio.fm  This site allows you to copy the URL from any website and paste it to the link. 

As a result, you can bookmark this page to your Blackberry and listen to basically any radio station that

streams audio on the web. 

It opens up like a Windows Media Player on your phone, then it sounds like it's dialing up and then successfully -

You're connected! 

Hope it works for you.

God bless.

Prov. 3:5,6. 

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

moodio.fm doesn't work on my Bold 9000. It only works if I am connected via Wi-Fi

Panagiotis
WebsiteCY.com | Hosting - Web design - SEO
http://www.websitecy.com
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I had one of the first Tours that came out and was able to stream inernet radio via Moodio.fm just fine.  I had an issue with the device and changed it out for a new one (same model) and now when I try to do this (click on the URL displayed by moodio.fm), I get the following error message:  "the protocol specified is not supported by the handheld.  Please try a different URL." 

Any ideas what my problem is?

Many thanks.