Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att
Accepted Solution

Online banking stopped working

I have had my Torch now for four months and really enjoy it.  Here's the problem I am having.  I have mobile banking thru the bank itself. No apps downloaded just online mobile from the bank itself.  About two days ago I went to log in and once I logged in it told me that my session has ended and to please log on.  I have logged on several times and received  the same message over and over, session has ended please log in. I have called the banks mobile tech service and no glitch on there end .  In fact removed it from my phone and tried to reload mobile banking from bank and same issue. I cleared the caches but that's all I know to do.  Its something in the Torch itself,  I have an old 8310 I use for work and have no problems accessing the online mobile banking from it.   I can access my banks home page from from my torch and gain access to my accounts but its not in mobile form and is a pain to navigate. 

Can any one help me

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Online banking stopped working

Hi,

I think, I might have an idea, what your/the Problem is:

It might be, that your bank has set up a new security feature. Namely it blocks working, when it takes notice of that you´re using a mobile device for browsing the internet.

At least this is my problem. My banks system finds out at certain browsers, that they´re mobile powered. And then in the beginning the onlinebanking was blocked completely, now it´s only displaying the balance of my accounts... however banking in terms of processing transactions is not possible anymore.

At my HTC Desire Z native browser it works, when I switch off "showing mobile content, if availabe". But with the Opera which I installed on it also, there´s no way... even I switched of the mobile content thing, too... !?

So the question is, where to put off this "mobile-content-mode" at the Torch. And is this effective enough, or does it still send any information, that it´s from a mobile device!?

If anyone would have an working Idea?

Cheers

Snooz

PS:The bank is doing this because of securityreasons in my case, because I´m using mTAN, wich means I get sms onto my mobile with the authorisation-code for the transaction I want to do.

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

Re: Online banking stopped working

Thanks for the ideas , I will keep trying.  I think it is a software issue with my torch.