Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Only one BB calendar syncs to Outlook

I just switched from an older VZW BB8830 to a 8330 with a new OS (4.3). Anyway, I have two email accounts, one for work, one gmail both being checked with my phone and they work perfectly. When I create a new calendar entry, I can choose whether to send a meeting request with my work email or my gmail account (or send no meeting request at all) - seems like the blackberry actually creates two separate calendars, one associated with each email - I didn't mind so long as both types of appointments showed up on my BB calendar, which they did.  I quickly realized however that when I synced with outlook 2007, only the appointments associated with my work email would sync. I looked under advanced options and I see no way to specify that both calendars from my BB sync with my outlook calendar. I'm missing half my appointments on outlook now - Help!
Contributor

Re: Only one BB calendar syncs to Outlook

I'm having the same problem. How do I get rid of these extra calendars linked to my yahoo email -- and another linked to Facebook. I don't want them, and they are making life very difficult! Help, indeed!
Contributor

Well, I've followed some instructions at another thread, and gotten reid of all the CICAL links in my Services section. That's removed the "Send as" and an email address for each calendar item on the BB. Also, all of them are now the same color, and all are part of the "Default" calendar.

When I go to the DM Backup and Restore > Advanced, I see I have only one Calendar on the BB and it has all my records.

Problem is that it still doesn't sync with Outlook. All that's left on my outlook calendar are a handful of appts added after the Facebook update. The rest of the appts on my handheld will not sync, even if I set the sync command to one way / replace all.

So that's where it stands. Any further help would be most welcome.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm afraid this threat has died out, but hopefully someone has a solution...   Anyone ever find a solution to this?  Jason describes my problem perfectly, and I can't find a solution anywhere.  I'd like to think that there is a way to select which BB calendars sync with Outlook.  I have a work email address and a hotmail email address, and both work fine for email.  Not sure why I need/want two separate calendars for each email address, but that's not the issue - just need to keep my "master" calendar on Outlook reflecting all my appointments, and the same with the BB.  Any help would be appreciated.   

Message Edited by philk13 on 10-05-2009 01:14 PM
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Only the default calendar on your phone syncs with outlook. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Servics, and change the Caldendar (CICAL) to the email address linked with the calendar you want to sync to Outlook. You can sync multiple calendars if you wish, but you have to switch the default before syncing for each calendar.
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Kijana, thanks for this.  Looks like you've confirmed that there is only one sync option for calendars.  

i tried changing my default calendar and the syncing with each different calendar, and the original synced calendar is the only one showing up in outlook.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

kyutgracie wrote:

i tried changing my default calendar and the syncing with each different calendar, and the original synced calendar is the only one showing up in outlook.

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I would read the following two articles:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15079

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19240

If you don't really need more than one calendar, you should just merge all the entries into one calendar...it makes it a lot simpler for synchronizing.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy