Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Opening media files

Using the BlackBerry media manager I have transferred a number of audio files to my BlackBerry Curve. However, I don't seem to be able to play them. I have done the following: While transferring I selected the suggested conversion for optimal Playback. When I view the files on my BlackBerry (by adding them as an attachment to an email) I can see they are located on my media card and have the .m4a format, similar to other files which I can play. Mass storage mode is off (never used it yet) My handheld is not connected to my computer. Also, I had a number of songs (albums) on my handheld which I used to be able to access but can't any more, even though I see they are still on my media card. Any suggestions?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Opening media files

After uploading many media files on your Blackberry, sometimes you need to do a reset. That is done be removing the battery while the blackberry is up, wait a bit, then plug it back. Your Blackberry will start up (can take up to a few minutes), then see if your files are better.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Re: Opening media files

This did work for me Smiley Happy Thanks!