Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BB Tour 9630, os 4.7.1.61 - platform 4.1.0.81
My Carrier: Verizon BIS

Opera Mini 5 Beta browser on Tour 9630

Hello:  I am thinking of installing the Opera Mini 5 Beta version browser onto my BB Tour 9630.  The BerryReview writer said that this Beta 5 version is great but that it takes over the original BB browser.  The question I have is, if it does not work or I am not happy with Opera Mini 5 how would I remove it from my Tour?  If I delete it will the original browswer be reinstalled automatically or will I have to reinstall it through Desktop Manager?  What other problems might I face if I install and then remove Opera Mini browser?  Should I back up my Tour through Desktop Manager before istalling the Opera Mini 5 browser?   By the way Opera Mini 5 browser is the one that BerryReview is reviewing on their site, they say it is works fantastic and allows most Java based webites to run without freezing or stalling while attempting to access them.   Thanks; Jon
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Opera Mini 5 Beta browser on Tour 9630

you should always backup your bb, but i have it and it works really well. the only thing i dont like about it is that sometimes links are opened in the opera browser from emails instead of the main browser, which i prefer for links from the emails. 

www.whatsgoodblog.com
What's Good is your one stop site reviews about everything.

http://www.whatsgoodblog.com/featured/how-to-install-beta-os-or-other-carrier-os-on-blackberry-with-desktop-manager-for-mac/