Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

bml
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: None

Option to delete after importing media files doesn't save

I am using the Blackberry Desktop Software v7.1.0 B42. I connect the device to my PC via the USB cable and go into the Device Options within the desktop software. On the Media tab, I change the "After importing media files:" drop-down menu item to the option to delete files from the deivce, then click OK.

After that, if I disconnect the Blackberry device and reconnect it, the option reverts back to "Keep files on device". This is driving me insane. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Thanks!

Developer
My Device: Playbbook
My Carrier: TATA Docomo

Re: Option to delete after importing media files doesn't save

Prob. is continus sync with BB. change sync setting automatic to default.
bml
New Contributor

Forgive me, but I am not sure exactly what you mean. Could you tell me where this option is set? I should have said as well that this device has no service, no provider, and all radios are disabled (cell, wireless). It's not set up with a mail sync or anything like that. The only thing it's being used for is to take pictures which are then synced to a laptop.

bml
New Contributor

It's been a couple weeks, anyone have any insight into why the setting doesn't stay once I change it?