Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Orange PAYG big problems

As I noted yesterday, mine is up and running now but I still havent been charged the £5 for this months BIS!!!

Checked my data on the account and the usage from yesterday has gone through with no charges so at least the Dolphin PAYG plan seems to be working ok, I changed my default browser to Orange World so that any links etc open in that browser thereby using the 100MB cap rather than the BIS 50MB one, Im guessing any apps I have downloaded onto the phone will come off the BIS allowance..

Anyway, all working well, emails coming through, twitter and Facebook updating ok and Im very happy with the phone, think its great and once I get the hang of the keyboard (I am upgraded from a Pearl 8110 and that took me a while to master after being used to standard phone keys) I will be even happier!!

Will be interested to see if Customer Services call me back later today as they promised to yesterday, they said they would call in 24 hours...thankfully the phone kicked in after a couple of hours of my call yesterday so Im not fussed if they do but from a service point of view it would be good to have them contact me to make sure Im happy..Im not going to hold my breath though!

I guess when they get round to taking the £5 they will text me to let me know!

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8120

I have been trying to get help from Orange for nearly a month now.  I have been on Orange PAYG for over a year without any problems until now! They have started to charge me for my data internet use.  First of all they said I must have used more than my 50mb which I have never gone over before - but I took their word for it.

They said I would need to wait until the next £5 came out and my limit starts again however they were still charging me.

The staff in India are useless.  They say they will phone you back within 48 hours but they never do. 

Because of this they have taken all of my credit for data charges and left me with nothing when I should not have been charged at all.

I am still waiting for the last member of staff to get back to me - I guess I will be waiting a long time.  I cannot afford a contract phone so I think I will have to loose my blackberry as I will not be able to afford the data charges if that's how it's going to be.  Anyone have any ideas please?  Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: orange

I bought both my teen daughters a blackberry curve 2 days ago & after about 20 calls to them, each time some prominsing to ring back or say that the blackberry package would be activated. Nothing has happened. So now we have 2 blackberrys that cant be used,

What a joke, There customer services are. I just wish they had informred when i was buying the phones. Im not really sure what more i can do

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Etisalat Nigeria

It isn't just Orange or UK that is the problem, but the facade of Customer Care of Telcos managing BIS worldwide.

You will hear horror stories from around the world.

In my case, I subscribed to Etisalat Nigeria (EMTS) back in February 2010. Worked flawlessly from February 18th until sometime in May.

Fortunately, they had a CS that one could call often. Then the pre-programmed apologies started.

We are 'frightfully sorry', 'we know how you feel', 'please do a hard reset', 'please do a firmware upgrade', 'please visit one of our friendship centres' and on and on for 2 months.

Then they expect one to pay th 20 quid (yes that is correct 20 quid) for service that barely worked 3 days for the month.

Even went as far as installing CaptureIT and sent emails with snapshots of the browser errors. Nada.

If you think that was bad, Globacom (they actually pioneered BIS in Nigeria for a princely 40 quid a month on contract) was far far worse.

One thing you you probably didn't know your BB could do was translate BS meant for the nose to your ears. I literally have a huge warehouse full, brimming to the top chock full of cartons of 'Globacom apologies'.

If I were to narate those stories... Well, suffice to say I'm sure you have better things to do with your time.

So, it is a systemic problem with managing BIS Provisioning.

LP

Visitor
My Device: Pearl 8120

I bought my blackberry from argos back in sept, read through the instructions and set it up on dolphin payg, then tried to set up the email and £5 a month thing but the instruction book was wrong so rang the customer services and asked them to set it up, they never did, i to recieved the wireless message, i let it go for a few months simply forgetting what my bb could actually do, then rang again a month ago and the woman took the £5 and said it would be ready in 2-24hrs the next day it still didnt work so i travelled to an orange shop where the guy tried to set it up and it still isnt working, worse still i plugged it into my laptop to update and now cant even use the orange free internet!!  so if anyone can help, my nearest orange shop is 20miles away!! also how do i find my device set up pin, which a message asked me for?!

Visitor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: orange

I think your problems are just beginning, I have a big problem as well if anyone can help, I upgraded the SIM in my BB bold from 2g to 3g so I could use the 3g service, it took four calls to find someone that understood, so many promises of call backs etc, Finally I got it done, by the way you do have to reboot your BB so that it can log back on to the BB service on a SIM change, Anyway now I find if I use 3g only, Orange deduct money from my account when I surf,  2g only it's ok, so far after 3 calls they still have not fixed it, any ideas anyone, or do I just keep hacking away at Orange until I find someone that can fix it R

My Device: Curve 8520

I called Customer Services a few days ago and they told me it would be activated within 24 hrs. When this didn't happen, I called them again yesterday. They informed me that there was NO RECORD OF MY CALL, which is a massive lie, unless I had hallucinated my call with them? Anyway, they told me it would be activated within 24 hrs, they have now passed and I still haven't got my BIS yet. This is getting ridiculous, and I have every intention of camping out at the Orange Shop until they give me what I am entitled to as a Blackberry User. The lies Customer Services are spouting now is almost laughable, as they are so ridiculous. 

Who knows where the time goes?