Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: curve 9380 remm71uw
My Carrier: orange

Orange say that Blackberry convert texts sent to multiple contacts to picture message and charge me 25 pence per contact.

Hi

I recently received my bill and saw that it had loads of charges for photo messaging. I dont do photo messaging that much so when i queried it with Orange they said that Blackberrys convert text sent to multiple contacts into a picture message and and then send it to each recipient as a photo message. They charge me 25p per recipient. I have £25 worth of photo messaging charges this month and havent sent a picture. Has any one experienced this before and did you resolve it?

I have a curve 9360, with Orange and v7.0.0.0.590

Many Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Orange say that Blackberry convert texts sent to multiple contacts to picture message and charge me 25 pence per contact.

Hi Bighammer,

i'm sorry!! did orange tell you that "BB coverts text message into picture" i dont know how is this possible. i think you should ask orange one more time get hold of some body who knows the right answers to your questions.

But seriously i would like to know if there is such practice of converting text into picture and charge customer unneccesarily.

Please have patience we will have other coment on this post to find the fact and no fairy tale.

as far as i understand thats a lame excuse from orange!