Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Organising SMS messages into folders

Hello

Just started using BB 8320 after many years experience of using mobile phones (Nokia and Samsung ). I am used to organising my text messages into folders of my own creation on the hand-held device. I have looked hard in the forum but everything I find is about reconciling with folder structures in an external email system.

Is it possible to create folders on the BB and then move text messages to them? I never thought to ask before buying the BB because every other device does this. 

One thing which appears to be better about BB is the quality of this foum, so I am hopeful about getting help although pessimistic about the answer.

Morgraig 

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Organising SMS messages into folders

You can create a separte folder for SMS and MMS message by: Clicking on the messages icon > menu key (left of trackball) > options > general options > SMS and Email boxes > separate

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Developer
My Device: 9000

[ Edited ]

Hi

One item you can do is separate txt messages from regular email. This is in the MAILBOX/OPTIONS/GENERAL OPTIONS/ SMS and Email Inboxes - change to "Separate".

You can also save specific txt-sms messages by using the menu button.

H.

Message Edited by hmeister on 10-26-2008 11:23 AM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
My Device: Not Specified

I have separated sms from e-mail but now do not have a folder for the sms messages.