Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Organizer Sync Error "Crtranrec::getmodifedinfo: modified Info not available."

Hey

I did the uninstall, reinstall and even donate some money for prayers but i still keep getting "Crtranrec::getmodifedinfo: modified Info not available." whn i sync my contacts.

Followed these steps with big hopes but nothing so far anyone have a clue whats wrong cause i really need to organize the contacts for work or i may most likely get caned from work because my competition is doing a better job with a nokia.

Using a gemini 8520, provider simpati / telkomsel Indonesia

1) Remove any/all BlackBerry Device Software package(s) from your PC

• Add/remove programs, Uninstall, etc. depending on your Windows OS level

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM Desktop Software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • Some have reported the manual search and removal of RIM, BB, and Puma registry keys to be helpful.
    • Do not attempt this if you are at all unsure -- editing your registry incorrectly can render your entire PC useless!
  • Others have reported the use of a registry cleansing tool to also be helpful
  • Still others have reported the use of your original PIM (e.g., Outlook, NOTES, etc.) installation CD, running the "repair" process, to be helpful in some situations

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM Desktop Software:

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your BlackBerry Device Software package from your carrier -- it must be the version that your BlackBerry is already running (otherwise, the Desktop Software will attempt to change the version that is running on your BlackBerry):

5) Install the Desktop Software to your PC -- do not allow it to start

6) Install (also to your PC), the BlackBerry Device Software package -- do not allow it to start the Desktop Software

• If the package came from a carrier other than that for which your BlackBerry was originally manufactured, then after this install step completes, you must delete, from your PC, at least one copy, and possibly two, of VENDOR.XML.
    • One will for sure be here (or something quite similar, depending on your Windows OS):
      • c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    • The other might be here:
      • c:\Users\<insert your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

7) Start the Desktop Software and connect your BlackBerry to your PC (USB) when prompted.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Organizer Sync Error "Crtranrec::getmodifedinfo: modified Info not available."

Hello JohnnySantos, 

Welcome to the forums. 

At this point you are going to want to contact your wireless service provider and have them escalate this issue to Research In Motion.  There is a similar issue reported in the BlackBerry® knowledge base but the error is not the exact same so it would be best to have this investigated further. For your reference here is the similar issue information. 

Error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing wit...

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!