Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Other problems with BB Bold 9900 - Bluetooth connection

One more problem I found with this miserable phone. When I try to connect via Bluetooth with the car I get a message about the phone being on a SAP mode and I can't get rid of it. Does anyone know what should I do? What is a SAP mode?

Thanks,

A

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Other problems with BB Bold 9900 - Bluetooth connection

Hi Ales,

The Bold phones have the possibility to use the rSAP mode (remote Sim Access Profile). By using this, your bluetooth module in your car will take a virtual copy of the SIM card in your phone and therefore the car will use the external antenna as well as the phone module built-in to do calls etc. Once you're in the "SAP" mode, your phone will switch off all data and connection and display the message you decribed below.

It would be interesting to know which car you drive as Audi drivers are having an issue with the SAP mode on the more recent MMI 4G.

To avoid using the SAP mode, you have two options:

1) go in your "Networks and Connections > Bluettoth Connections" then press the Blackberry icon, go to Options, scroll to the bottom and uncheck the box in front of "SIM Access Profile". Then press the Blackberry button again and Save.

2) your car (at least Audi does) should have 2 profiles: Car Phone or Handsfree. You should be able to switch to Handsfree and this will use the normal bluetooth connection. It will not offer all the benefits of the SAP mode but obviously you will be able to use your phone normally even if connected via bluetooth which seems to be what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Olivier

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9790
My Carrier: O2

Re: Other problems with BB Bold 9900 - Bluetooth connection

Hi there,

did any one ever get to the bottom of Audi MMI / SAP Mode problems, i have the same issue with my BB.

i am driving a Q7 Dec 2012.

thx