Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Outlook 2003

Is there a way to sync my BB to Outlook and vice versa? Any webpages would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Outlook 2003

Dunno if this was jrdoh's question precisely, but if it is, then we've got the same problem. More specifically (for me, at least), the problem is this: I use Outlook 2003 (not the Enterprise version, not on an Exchange server, just on my desktop PC), and, the same way that I can "sync" my BB and Outlook Calendar, I'd like to "sync" emails on my BB and my Outlook client. If I change a 2 pm appointment to be, say, 3 pm in either BB or Outlook, the change is made during the next sync, right? Similarly, if I reply to email 1 from my BB, delete email 2 from my BB, and forward email 3 on my desktop, I'd like those changes to map/sync between the BB and desktop.

I've searched through fora and help lists and FAQs, and there seem to be different opinions everywhere.

For example, on one Blackberry page(http://eu.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/mailsize.jsp) , I read "On the Home Page, within the BlackBerry Internet Service web site for your service provider, click the Manage Folders button in the left pane. Items in the different folders are retained or purged to a schedule that you set." But on my provider's (Verizon) site, there is NO "manage folders" button.

That same BB website says: "To set Wireless Reconcile to Enabled on your BlackBerry device: From the main screen on your device, click Messages." But when I click "messages," I get my email inbox!

On the Blackberry for Dummies site (http://tech.yahoo.com/gd/using-the-blackberry-internet-service-client/153280), there's advice for setting up this sort of sync -- "Use wireless email reconciliation: No more trying to match your BlackBerry email against email in your combined account(s). Just turn on wireless email reconciliation, and you're good to go." -- but, again, there's no such option on Verizon's site.

I own my own domain, for my own company. (Let's say it's the abc company, and that my email is josh@abc.com) I can configure my BB to retrieve emails from the hosting service which has POP emails, and I can configure my Outlook desktop client to do the same, but what are my different options regarding synchronization? Is there ANY way to wirelessly sync my emails so that my desktop and BBend up with the same folders? Is there software to do it? Or must I rent an Exchange box?

Help would be much appreciated, especially by my wife, who is tired of hearing my piercing screams each time another "solution" fails to work...