Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2007 Calendar

When trying to hardwire sync my Storm to Outlook 2007, the calendar does not sync. I receive no error messages to indicate there was an error. I have tried following the instructions of some "solutions" to no avail including removing Intellisync folder. Any help?

Also, when I push the lock button on top, after a few minutes, the screen turns back on in my pocket. I can't say that any buttons have been pushed, just the touch screen.

Are there any new OS updates available yet?

Thanks for the help.

Contributor

Re: Outlook 2007 Calendar

I had the same problem.  I updated to Desktop Manager 5.0.  Then I was able to sync my calendar and all other Outlook components. I forgot where I found it.  But I do remember, someone here in the forums had a link to download DM 5.0 

Checkout the below.http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&thread.id=36564&view=by_date_asc...I downloaded DM 5.0 from the below link.http://crackberry.com/blackberry-desktop-manager-5-0-0-8-leaked
New Contributor

Thanks NotePac. I am downloading now. I will try it out and let you know.
New Contributor

Still no luck after dowloading and installing DM 5.0.0.8. I checked to make sure everything was setup correctly and it appears to be. Calendar is the only problem I am having, everything else from Outlook 2007 ( well Address book) seems to be updating correctly. Any other suggestions?

New Contributor

I found a fix finally. Here are the steps:

Go to: Options>Advanced Options>Default Services/Calendar and make sure your default calandar has not been changed.  This seems to happen most frequently with Facebook

Another option that might work is:  Go into your service books (under "Options>Advanced Options") and delete all email addresses with "Cical" after it

I did both of these and that made it to where I could update the calendar. BB really needs to look at getting a patch to take care of this since it took me numerous hours to find something that worked! I never had this problem with my Palm!!! Although the BB seems to be more stable, I am not sold on the Storm and of course it is to late to exchange it for another model.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

> Go to: Options>Advanced Options>Default Services/Calendar

I have the same problem with my Curve 8520, but under Default Services there is not an option for Calendar but it displays Messaging (SMIME): followed by an email address which I have selected. 

Please advise what I should be doing as my BB syncs with Outlook COntacts and not with Outlook Calendar.

Gary