Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Outlook 2007 Sync Fails

Unable to sync any data (inc. my calendar; I do not sync my outlook mail w/my device) for several months from device to laptop and vice versa. My IT dept. wiped clean my laptop. I run Windows XP on Dell laptop. Outlook has some past calendar items and nothing from August 2009 forward. My device, on the other hand is up to date. Since IT wipe my laptop, items on my device have not been backed up anywhere, so I have been tryingto sync from my device to lapto. No luck.

Just installed newest version of BB desktop manager (4.7). Set up went fine and looked like all data on the device was being accessed and processed, but then toward the end of sync, syncing stops--no error message; just stops. When review Outlook calendar, no events have been synced from device; tried one data source at a time(calendar, then contacts, etc.), no luck. So, I removed the desktop mgr, reinstalled, looked at various fixes, tried to find conflicts as per various posts on this forum, including removing 2 incidences of conflicting events, ran sync device to laptop and it hardly started to process when it stopped w/o error message, etc. I have one event that when I dismiss on Outlook, it says it cannot be dismissed. When I try to trace it, it tells me it cannot be found. When I accessed my ilopcfg log after second reinstall of desktop manager, I got this:

[General]
ErrLogMaxSize=500000
ErrLogBackups=0
TraceDetail=0
TraceLog=0
UseNtEventLog=1
UseThreadIDLogFileNames=0
[ilwin]
HeapLogging=0
MultiJobTraceLog=1
EngineTracing=799
ILXflags=0
TranslatorLogVerbosity=0
[ILXOLK]
STBeforeMAPIUninit=1300

What's going on?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Outlook 2007 Sync Fails

Welcome to the forums TooBizzy Smiley Happy

Before synching the phone, make sure that the calendar you are synching with outlook is the device default. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services, and make sure that Calendar [CICAL]  is set to the email associated with the calendar you are synchronizing. Save the settings and run the synchronization again.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Thanks, but that didn't work. I don't sync my work email (outlook) to my BB; only my calendar, contacts, tasks and memos. Is that the problem?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

DTM 4.7 is not the latest... 5.0 is

iloptcfg will not tell you any important data

it does not matter what email is used to  sync the calendar, as long as it is the same one at all times. which would be the defalt calendar that was mentioned above

to find out which calendar has all the events open your calendar on your BB

click on menu- options

under the bolder calendars

you will see multiple items (any of these possibly, device default, email addresses, facebook)

click on each one and look at the number of entries of each

report that back here

New Contributor

my email: 0

device default: 148

Facebook: 36

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

TooBizzy wrote:

my email: 0

device default: 148

Facebook: 36

Ok, so it seems that most of your entries are in the device default calendar. Also check which calendar is the default service. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services. The Calender [CICAL] is set to which calendar?

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Forums Veteran I

as kijanasmart says, make sure that that default service is set to your email

then you are goin to use the below article to move your device default calendar to the default calendar(your email)

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19240&sliceId=1&docTy...

New Contributor

I read the article and followed the steps and it synced one way (device to Outlook). I got very hopeful... But when I tried to do 2-way sync, it didn't sync items on my Outlook to the device.
Forums Veteran I

helps if you answer all the questions:

kijanasmart wrote:
Ok, so it seems that most of your entries are in the device default calendar. Also check which calendar is the default service. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services. The Calender [CICAL] is set to which calendar?

New Contributor

calendar is set to default to my email