Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2010 all day Event sync Problem

I have just migrated to a Bold 9900 (from a 9800 Torch) and am having problems with Outlook EVENTS. When they are synced via Desktop (7.0.0.43) they roll over and appear as a 2 day event. I am running Outlook client 2010 under Windows 7 and all was working well until I migrated from the Torch. I have checked Time zones on PC and phone and only issue I notice is that Windows 7 is using UTC while handset is GMT, but same is true for Torch 9800? Events are appear correctly as expected on Outlook.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

New Contributor

Re: Outlook 2010 all day Event sync Problem

Come back DTM 6 - all is forgiven!! Having failed to find a fix, I downgraded back to my 9800 Torch and to my disgust found that the problem came too! I spoke to a good lad at Vodafone UK who hinted that there had been similar isues and suggested I delete my desktop software and re-install V5 - only problem was that it would not support Outlook 2010, so went to DTM 6 and bingo all is working well again.

So, I'm happy again with DTM 6, Windows 7, Outlook 2010 and Torch 9800 running v6.0 bundle 2949.

I guess that DTM 6 will not support the new OS with a 9900, but I've sent the handset back for the moment until I decide whether to try a 9810 or jump ship for an iPhone?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

i am having a similar problem, but i cannot find the DTM 6 for windows on the bb website, can you post a link?
New Contributor

Hi Ajsbara,

You can Google for a download site. Try this link I found on Crackberry which has a link to download

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-desktop-manager-6-now-available-download

Once I reverted to DTM 6 I was able to get my Outlook back in harmony.

Good luck and hope it works - I've moved on to Android with a Galaxy S3 - different culture but great fun and a refreshing change from some of the BB "Challenges"

My Device: Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Part of the problem appears to be that the new desktop manger software (v7, no longer intellisync) does not include the "All Day Event" flag as a a field that is synchronized between the blackberry and MS outlook.  You can see that this field is no longer included in the detailed field mappings for the outlook calendar. 

You can sucessfully create and sync an all day event initially.  Problems begin when you later try to modify the "all day event".  If you try to convert the all day event into a regular appointment at a specified time, you must  "uncheck" the all day event flag on either platform (outlook or blackberry).  Desktop Manager never recognizes the change in the all day event flag (since the field is not synced), which then creates a corrupt MS Outlook entry (an appointment with BOTH a specific start/end time AND also with the all day event flag checked, is mutually exclusive in MS Outlook 2010.  Maybe somebody could fix this bug in next release....