Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Outlook 2010 sync solution - from Blackberry Solution Center

Setting "empty deleted items on exit" has nothing to do with what Outlook does on the mailbox.

You're missing the point. You MUST set up Outlook to make changes to the mailbox. If you set up Outlook using pop then Outlook will download the messages from the mailbox and either leave them on the mailbox or delete them from the mailbox depending on how you have Outlook set up. The only time deletes actually sync back from Outlook to the mailbox is if your email is set up using IMAP.

Sync from the mailbox to the handheld depends on the type of email being used (e.g. gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.) Sync from Outlook depends on how Outlook is set up. There are a bunch of variables here and we have no idea how your Outlook is set up. Also, you state that you have "exchange, pop, and imap" set up on your BB but what email accounts are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

My point is that the email services listed in the KB that JSanders posted above will reconcile as described in that KB.  How they reconcile when you're using Outlook depends on how you set up your mail in Outlook, not the BB.  The BB does not talk to Outlook.  The BB only talks to the mailbox. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I understand but outlook doesn't give many options with regards to 'what must I do with deleted items' WHICH is the link between mail server and outlook. Prev outlook versions had a setting ' leave deleted items on server'; outlook 2010 does not have it. I have a gmail(pop), private work email(imap) and work email(exchang).
Guru II

But that's just it. That is NOT the link between mail server and outlook. You have to initially set up your account using imap settings specifically in order to get Outlook to reconcile properly with gmail. With gmail setup using pop you will never get any reconcilling from Outlook back to the mailbox. Read this:

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77689

As for your private work email I have no way of knowing whether mailbox to handheld is supported. Exchange mail (OWA) and not using BES won't sync from mailbox to handheld at all.

Contributor

Hi John

I have spoken to our IT manager and he says that when I delete an exchange server email from Outlook, it is immediately deleted off the exchange mail server so where is my 5 hour delay reconciling on my blackberry coming into this equation?

Guru II

The delay is in the BIS system for mailbox to handheld reconciling if it reconciles at all-not all account types will reconcile that direction. If you're on a BES then the reconcile takes place more reliably and much quicker.

Highlighted
Contributor

So it comes back to blackberry then and one wonders how RIM could even launch a smartphone which has a reconcile of only 5 hours???

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Six hours. Read the KB article.

Seems your initial questions have been answered, right?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I signed up for Microsoft Office 365 and they provide you with Blackberry Enterprise Server free! That solved all of my syncing issues and works wirelessly.

Contributor

As a design engineer I would have been fired for 'passing' that design allowing a 6 hour reconcile time!