Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone
My Carrier: QTel

Re: Outlook 2010 sync solution - from Blackberry Solution Center

Windows 7 x86

Office 2010 32 bit

Blackberry Bold 9700 v5.0.0.351

Desktop Manager v5.0.1

Jules75 (and many others) wrote:

Yeah, but it's a beta product!  I'm sure it will be compatible by the time the product is released ...

John_Clark wrote:

Since Outlook 2010 is still in beta it's not yet a problem.

Office 2010 has been in 'stable release' and 'released to manufacturing' for a while now (no longer Beta)... a lot of us are wondering what the RIM excuse is now.  Any ETA?

billbunch wrote:

Could this be just one more reason to leave Blackberry for one of the I-phones?

vstan wrote:

No, but these messages are a strong reason for RIM to act...

Obviously not strong enough a reason...

jculbertson wrote:

... synced seamlessly with my Blackberry Curve 8900 (OS 4.6) using Blackberry Desktop Manager version 4... upgraded the Desktop Manager to version 5.0.1, it still would sync...

...upgraded my Blackberry to a Bold 9700 (OS 5). Now it will no longer sync with Outlook...

A key element that is missing in these discussions is what phones are having these issues. Filtering through the messages, would i be corect in saying this is predominantly a problem affecting only the Bold 9700 only?

Very frustrating.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: TMN

Hi Xanath

when you refer the WMDC is Windows Media Device Center, I think you to say Windows Mobile Device Center, and for that you have a 32 e 64 bits version in the link bellow.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

CompanionLink works fine with Outlook 2010 and Destop Manager. However is a $50 option and not very attractive for many. It appears that RIM is taking the same attitude of many software developers: wait for a final release to provide a beta version of their product and blame MS for any incompatibilities or non-working features. I will not be surprised that CompanionLink and RIM worked some type of deal to squeeze more money out of the consumer.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for posting.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

CompanionLink is slower syncing than the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

New Contributor

I downloaded, installed....  followed process...  didn't work....  no luck.  Still seeking solution..  Desktop manager syncs everything but the calendar.  No error message, just skips.

New Contributor

My software, etc, is the same as listed here but I have the ATT Blackberry 8310.

ATT Blackberrry 8310

Windows Vista, 32b

Outlook 2007

Desktop Mgr 4.7

Blackberry v 5.01

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: EE UK

When going through the wizard at the Intellisync Setup stage , selecting the Outlook user profile, there is no option to choose the folder (which calendar, which contatcs folder), only "Outlook". The error is "No available message store".With my 8100, it was possible to browse to the desired folder.

Outlook 2010 v14.0.4760.1000 on Vista SP2. My Blackberry is the 8900. Desktop Manager v 5.0.1.16, device software 4.5.0.52 (BDM says this is for the 8100 [my previous phone] but I cannot see how to update it) - maybe the device software is the problem?

RIM please help!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: EE UK

Further to my previous post:

My 8900 device software is actually 4.6.1.310, but Blackberry Desktop Manager thinks it is 4.5.0.52, so maybe that's the core of the problem.

I will try uninstalling BDM completeley (I have already tried repairing it) and do a new install.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour...soon an iphone
My Carrier: Sprint

Is anyone at Blackberry Reading This Board

I wonder if anyone at Blackberry is reading this forum.  Here is my situation.  I rolled out Office 2010 to a group of users in our active directory and felt pretty dump when we found out the Desktop Manager doesn't work with Office 2010.  How can that be?  I understand the beta version from 6 months ago...but its on the shelf to purchase and many firms have started rolling it out to their corporate customers.

So do I roll back to office 2007...well I tried that.  Our users don't want to roll back and many are asking for new phones.  We just purchased 10 new iPhones..........Is anyone reading this??????  I sure hope so.  The balance is shifting, we use to be blackberry only.  Since it doesn't work with the latest version of Office 2010 we are moving on.

Sure hope you fix this before others migrate away.