Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Outlook 2010 sync solution - from Blackberry Solution Center

I can sync my Outlook 2010 and BCM 2010 with my Blackberry Storm2 using CompanionLink addin software. They had their 2010 connector ready last week and I downloaded it and installed it with no problem.  I am using the RTM release of Outlook 2010 64bit.  Companion Link does cost a few bucks and with Outlook 2010 you can place a copy of your BCM contacts in your regular contacts folder and once Blackberry supplies a Outlook 2010 connector you should be able to sync all, including your BCM contacts without a third party software addin.

I am waiting for the release of the Outlook 2010 connector from Blackberry.

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verison

Actually, Outlook 2010 is released.  

Originally I had Outlook 2007 installed (with BDM 5.0) and it worked great. I upgraded to Outlook 2010 and sync continued to work - that is until I decided to take advantage of one of the Outlook 2010 features of having your PST file stored in a "non-hidden" folder under "Documents". I moved the PST file - and bam - sync no longer worked. Now I get the lovely “No available message stores”. It seems to me that this should be a simple fix – I’m betting there is a simple registry fix to make it work right.

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

This post points out precisely why all of the commentary about Beta and give Blackberry some time Outlook 2010 just came out... etc. is complete nonsense.  Here is a much smaller 3rd party company, CompanionLink, with timely release of integration/sync support for Outlook 2010.  Do you think they have greater or less resources than Blackberry?

There is simply no excuse for Blackberry to be behind the curve on this.  This is their supposed CORE market.  Enterprise/Microsoft.  COME ON!!!  If Blackberry is not an MS technical partner, it is embarassing.  They have access to code base well in advance of development and beta curves. 

The fact that they cannot even provide a date for release of BB DB supporting Outlook 2010 x64 is pathetic.

I have held the line on our company using Blackberry consistently, but those days are over.  This is right at the center of why Blackberry is losing market share and will probably fall of the smartphone landscape within 2 years.  HTC/Windows Mobile looking pretty good at this point.

Get moving Blackberry!!!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Give me a break. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Seriously. I was able to sync my Blackberry Curve 8900 with Outlook 2010 x32 beta from October to April. It was only when I replaced my device with a Blackberry Bold 9700 that I could no longer sync with Outlook 2010. Something was working and now its not. What's going on. Is it the Desktop Manager or the Blackberry device OS that is at issue? Or does Blackberry know?

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: T Mobile

i've had the same problem with Outlook 2010 Beta but here's how i fixed it...

1: Download CompanionLink  Express

http://www.companionlink.com/support/updates.html

2. Follow the below guide to sync Outlook with blackberry

http://www.companionlink.com/support/setupguides_CL_BB.html

This is only a 14 day free trial. The full version is $50; however this is a short term fix for people who want to initially transfer outlook contacts and calendar to their blackberry

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Crackberry reported -- "Users are reporting that T-Mobile is pushing an over-the-air (OTA) update for select BlackBerry Bold 9700 users. The update seems to only be working on those running the last official OS from T-Mobile, which is OS 5.0.0.586. Once updated, users have reported it upgraded their Bold 9700 to OS 5.0.0.714!"

Does OS 5.0.0.714 on the Bold 9700 fix the syncing with Outlook 2010 problem?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

5.0.0.714 has not been released.  TMobile's recent release is .586.

No, the device OS will not fix the Outlook 2010 sync issue. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

There's another thread about this, which gave the following two links that have some updates. The other thread is (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Office-2010-Outlook/td-p/241511/p...)

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookcontact/thread/145b11a3-c43a-4bc2-b2b3-40b7f... is a thread in Microsoft's forums indicating that RIM will be releasing an update soon, but I don't have the faintest idea if its accurate or just speculation.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB20654&slic... is a BlackBerry KnowledgeBase link that acknowledges that RIM is aware of the problem and is working on it, but doesn't give a potential release date.

My Device: 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks "jflint09" this was really nice and took about 10 min to setup configure and sync. I'm not betting that RIM will have a fix anytime soon so I'll probaby be forking up the $50 bucks. Well worth it to "me" to have my calendar and contacts....sync to my device as I use them both extensively, all day everyday. Thanks a again for the post......