Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Outlook 2010 sync solution - from Blackberry Solution Center

[ Edited ]

I updated to 2010 and now find out that Blackberry is not supporting synching. Tech support cannot say when it will be that they do support 2010. I'm a bit frustrated by this because I've gotten used to 2010 and would rather not switch back if the support will be forthcoming soon. If anyone hears of some opther way to do this, I'm all ears.

Best, crkerson

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

I can't believe that RIM is not yet compatible with Outlook 2010 yet.  Its been available for a long time to alot of people and almost two weeks in retail stores available to everyone.  I recently got my first blackberry last January.  I have had nothing but good things to say about Blackberry up until now. 

I understand that RIM has addressed the issue in BDM 6 set to release for Q3 2010.  But when exactly is that going to be?  I hope not another three months from now.  Hopefully when RIM says Q3 they mean July 1st.  RIM could improve on informing their customers about important information such as this. 

New Contributor
My Device: Apple iPhone 4 (thanks to RIM not supporting Office 2010)
My Carrier: AT&T

AT&T says the iPhone 4 will be available tomorrow.  I'll check with RIM tomorrow to see if they've managed to get around to supporting Office 2010 before I head down to the AT&T store to turn in my Bold 9000.  I love my Blackberry but I simply have to be able to sync my phone with my desktop.  I am frustrated and disappointed that the folks at RIM can put out such a terrific phone but, at the same time, fail to support the latest technology (especially considering that MS Office is by far the most popular office bundle on the planet).  I don't understand the disconnect.  I consider RIM's failure to get on top of this problem a serious faux pas which will undoubtedly create hard feelings between their former customer base and the company.  So sad.

And, to the couple of folks out there who take offense at my posts on this forum complaining about RIM's apparent lack of concern for their customer base, . . . hey it's a "forum."  I'm a customer with 4 Blackberries.  I'm unhappy.  And I'm extremely displeased that I and my employees are going to have to swap out our relatively new Blackberries for iPhones (at considerable expense) just because RIM can't come up with a relatively simple fix for their Desktop syncing software.  Forums are a proper venue to vent my frustration and displeasure.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve Flip 8220
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Those of you counseling patience, saying Apple is bad also, etc.: all true.

However, some of us don't have the option of Office 2007 band-aids: we got new PCs, or don't own Office 2007 licenses, and so on. I'm not going to go spend hundreds of dollars because RIM can't get software out the door.

We understand RIM may need a while to get compatible with Outlook 2010. However, Microsoft has made Office 2010 for almost a year now to partner developers. Hence the frustration here: RIM had absolutely no reason not to be ready the day Office 2010 was released. Access to Office 2010 cost a few hundreds of dollars (MSDN license, partner action pack, etc.)

We're also frustrated by RIM's "we will not inform customers" policy. Why not? Other companies provide their customers with more or less approximate future ship dates so people can plan. At the very least, RIM could come out and tell us they at least get it, they know their software is broken, they are working on it as fast as possible, and we should expect a release in "some month" - not just an entire quarter. As a relatively new Blackberry owner who loves his Blackberry, RIM's communications come across very poorly. They could certainly do better. Their site simply seems to offer no convenient way to leave feedback for RIM; one has to spend too much time navigating through a thicket of support pages which seem designed in part to keep customers away from RIM. That's merely my impression, of course, but a clear, lucid blog or RSS feed would sure help dispel that impression.

RIM could also do better informing customers about the effect of Nokia's purchase of the software company that apparently wrote BDM. Is that part of the delay here? What should we as Blackberry owners expect as a result?

Maybe these answers are buried deep somewhere; I haven't found them, and I've looked. The point is RIM's customer communications - my opinion - really stink.

I'm a self-employed consultant, no BES support, and it's really important for me that my computer and mobile device are in sync. Frankly, I need my calendar to be up-to-date in both places, all the time, since I have to do scheduling a lot and can't have my laptop open constantly. For RIM to be acting like it is says to me "this company is not trustworthy for my business" since they won't even tell me what's going on and how long it will take. I can deal with "it's not ready but it will be by 7/15/10"; I am a lot less willing to take dead silence.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You could download a trial of 2007 and then install 2010 over it, if that is truly a fix.

http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Apple iPhone 4 (thanks to RIM not supporting Office 2010)

And, true to my word, AT&T began accepting orders again for the iPhone 4 today.  I checked the RIM site to see if they'd updated their Desktop software.  They have not.  I ordered the iPhone 4's to replace my Bold 9000 at a cost of $299.00 each!  Thank you RIM.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

New Contributor
My Device: Curve Flip 8220

Microsoft Office is a not-insubstantial install. Its components interact with many other applications - especially for people who use Microsoft's corporate, database, or development tools - and with the OS itself.

Installing Office 2007 trial, then installing Office 2010, then uninstalling Office 2007 trial... I can see that taking hours and causing headaches. I'm not willing to spend the time and take the risk with my productivity computer (it's down = I'm not making money).

It comes back to RIM's communications. Why won't they just tell us when we can expect a BDM that works with Office 2010? The only other company I can think of that is this secretive toward its customers is Apple.

My Device: Bold

I called RIM about five minutes ago after reading these posts. The rep told me that the problem was Microsoft's until I called her on her BS. She put me on hold to talk to her supervisor and came back saying that Microsoft and RIM are both working on fixing the issue. No date for the new DM was provided.

Small Business owner, need/want the functionality. I'm not going to switch because as soon as I do they'll have the fix. If MS and RIM are working on this it should be soon. Let's not overreact or kick the dead horse anymore. They are getting calls constantly on this in tech support and even in sales. I called pretending to be a prospect customer wanting to set up my company. The rep said she's getting calls constantly on this. I predict if sales is getting this message then they're suffering and they're working on a fix quickly.

Contributor
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220

Those pages are old. They've been up there long before Outlook 2010 was even in Beta. I agree that it is silly that BB can't keep up with Outlook.