Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Outlook Calendar wired sync problems - creates two calendars that don't sync

I'm seeking to sync my Bold 9650 with Outlook with no Exchange or other wireless sync method. The computer & BB are "talking nicely," however my BB has two calendars and the two do not sync.  I do not want or need two calendars on the BB.

What I want and need is one calendar on the BB that syncs with my one calendar on Outlook.

On the BB menus: Options -> Device -> Advanced -> Default services, the Calendar CICAL is defined as my e-mail address (email@...). 

• This is one of the calendars on the BB (email@...).
  • The other calendar on my BB is "default."  (note this is not the same calendar as defined in "Default Services" as noted above)

When I sync with BB Desktop, the Outlook calendar data syncs with the "default" calendar.

When I enter an appointment on the BB, it goes into the "email@..." calendar, and I"m not presented with an option to define which calendar to place the appointment.

So, anything I do from Outlook, properly goes to the BB. However, new appointments I enter on the BB, never go to Outlook.

I appreciate your wisdom!  Thanks in advance.

Jeff

I'm using BB Desktop 6.1.0.35 and Outlook 2007 (12.0.6557.5001)

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Outlook Calendar wired sync problems - creates two calendars that don't sync

I've done some more looking on this and have found more clues to what is happening, but no solution.

The Blackberry Knowledege Base article KB19240  says:

When one of these situations occurs, the calendar entries may become associated with the Device Default calendar. This is essentially a holding area for calendar entries that have no current association to a CICAL service. This is not the same calendar as the one that is configured under the Default Services option. Calendar entries that are found under the Device Default calendar are not associated to a CICAL service.

Three solutions are provided… but all three begin:

“If there are two email account integrations with the BlackBerry Internet Service account..."

But in my situation, there is only one email account on the BlackBerry.

Article KB13330 describes what it seems Outlook & BB Desktop are doing that is creating a "default" (aka "base system") calendar when syncing:

When a CICAL service book is not present on a BlackBerry smartphone, all calendar entries are stored on the BlackBerry smartphone in the base system calendar. Calendar entries stored in the base system calendar are only recognized by the calendar application on the BlackBerry smartphone. Therefore, any external application (the Backup and Restore tool, Intellisync®, etc.) does not recognize the calendar entries.

This article describes what’s happening, but it based on old BB software versions.

So how do I get BB Desktop / Outlook to talk to the CICAL on my phone?