Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Outlook Contact Sync Issue

Hi

I've just upgraded to a Bold 9900 from a 9700.

As part of this I updated my bb desktop to latest version (7?). I'm on BIS.

I am trying to populate my new bb with my Outlook (2003) contacts and am having trouble.

I have turned off wireless sync on my device, and am trying to go via the usb wire and the bb desktop. All seems fine in the Organizer Menu and configuring the Outlook contacts. BB Desktop can clearly 'see' my Outlook as my specifically labelled contact folders show up.

I click 'sync', get a green activity bar, sync complete - but NO contacts in my BB device.

As a test I tried syncing tasks from Outlook. These DO sync to the device.

I suspect the problem is to do with how the BB device has 'labelled' the contacts; it has named the contacts as belonging to a contact list that is tied to one of my gmail accounts. I have since deleted this email account from the BB device - to no avail. The contact list is listed as being tied to this email with no option to change it in the contact option drop down or in default settings.

Is this where it's going wrong?

And / or is it to do with my Outlook profile (only one option - 'Outlook' - is this right??)

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Outlook Contact Sync Issue

Insane. Just realised after many hours what the problem was. Although BB desktop can 'see' the different contact folders in my Outlook, it can't sync the contents to the device. Solution? Export all Outlook contact folders to csv and re-import to main / default 'Contact' folder. Then syncs perfectly. Wow. This cd have saved me a lot of time - easy to fix, surely??