Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve
My Carrier: virgin

Outlook and Yahoo conflict

Hi, I have been using btinternet.com email account via Yahoo for years by pc on line and on BB 8520. I recently linked this email account to Outlook on my pc and as soon as it synched i lost all my web mail. Is this a BB issue or Outlook issue. How can i see emails in both applications? any help would be greatly appreciated as i have lost my emails from my phone.

Thanks

Steve

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Outlook and Yahoo conflict

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please refer to this:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

When you configured Outlook, you likely allowed it's default setting...which removes messages from the server when Outlook retrieves them to itself. If further you had your BB configured to reconcile Deleted Items against the server, then it dutifully removed them from the BB since they were gone from the Server.

What you must do is configure Outlook to leave messages on the server when it retrieves them:

• KB12283 How to leave or remove copies of email messages on the messaging server

Putting the history back, however, will be rather tricky...indeed, I can't think of an easy way. You might check your server folders to see if there's a Deleted Items folder with them, and then move them back to the inbox. No matter what you do, you should expect reconciliation issues with all of these old emails since the process of removing them from the server has already happened.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................