Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Outlook calendar sync results in missing appointments in Outlook

I switched to BB in July 2009 from Windows Smartphone and now I discovered it was a big mistake.

Every year, I would print out my calendar of the previous year to save for tax and record reasons. Now BB synch deleted ALL, I mean and am Mad, ALL of my 2009 calendar except for Dec 2009.

I tried to FOREVER SETTING, but BB synch still asks for permission to delete.

Does anyone has a fix here?

Does BB know about this simple but detrimental problem for business users>

ALL I WANT IS TO BE ABLE TO KEEP ALL CALENDAR INFO INTACT ON OUTLOOK.

My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

I continue to have this same problem. It is driving me nuts, so much I'm about to change phones.

I have the calendar set to keep appointments "forever" but every time I sync it deletes my old appointments. I use this information and it is awful to lose it.

Someone help.

My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm not sure if you every got this corrected, but I had this very problem starting a couple of weeks ago.  I have used and synced my 8310 for about 2 years without any problems, and I did not change anything about the set-up, but all of a sudden, I lost all of the future appointments in my Outlook Calendar.  They were all still on my BB.

The problem was with the default calendar in my "Default Services" settings.  Although this was always the same (I had my personal email calendar as the default), I changed my default BB calendar to my work address (which is the account for my Outlook Calendar), restarted both the phone and computer, and the next time I synced, it copied all of the future appointments back to Outlook.

I'd suggest you give that a try - it worked for me.  Good luck.

My Device: curve
My Carrier: Verizon

Where do I find the Default Services settings?  I've spent the last couple hours trying to figure out how to get my appointments back into my Outlook calendar (arghhhhh!)

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9000

I was just having the same issue & happened to find all of my deleted appointments in my Deleted Items folder in Outlook.  I moved them into the Calendar folder & synced them back to my BB.  Hopefully they stay there - in the meantime, I'm exporting my calendar just about every day...

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodacom

I have a Blackberry Torch, synchronising with Outlook 2010 on Windows 7, and am losing some of my Outlook appointments after synchronisation. Appointments on my Torch device still remain. Any ideas???

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

I just had a similar problem.  I updated my OS to 6 on my Blackberry Bold 9700, and lost all of my appointments in Outlook 2007 prior to January 2011, and many of the appointments from January to March 2011 (although not all).  Oddly, I lost none of my listed "tasks" during that same period.  They're still showing up, but appointments are missing.  Any ideas?  I even tried to restore my computer hoping that they'd be there, and they're not.  I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  I'm totally out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated!

New Contributor

My problem seems to be with appointments scheduled on my device which do not update my Outlook calendar, no matter how many times I re-sync. It works the other way around however.

Are you also finding tht the sync program uses an enormous amount of resource??

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same problem.  I have a BB Style 9670 and have just realized that my appointments in Outlook 2007 are missing but everything appears to be on my BB, but after syncing they do not put them back in Outlook.  Did you ever find a fix?

Jim

New Contributor

Has anyone had any joy approaching Blackberry directly about this problem?? I've persisted and spoken to a variety of so-called Blackberry representatives who seem to be in denial of this particular problem. They have a tendency to either not believe me, insinuate that the problem lies with my inability to configure the setup correctly, or promise to investigate and never come back to me or return my follow up calls / e-mails.

There is clearly a problem with the RIM sofftware that is being blatantly ignored by  the laboratories - for whatever reason I cannot imagine. Is the problem impossible to fix?? I doubt it - all software bugs are fixable!!!

A you can see I'm at the end of my tether here - what more can I say other than HELLLLLP????