Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900; Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Outlook.com Calendar Sync

This seems like a no brainer, but there seems to be no way to sync my Outlook.com calendar to my 9900.  Email and contacts sync fine.  

What's the issue?  Both the Playbook and (from what I read) the Z10 sync the calendar from Outlook.com; why is this function not available for the 9900?  I'm trying to move away from the USB sync to my PC Outlook client to a full wireless sync, but you guys aren't making it easy.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Outlook.com Calendar Sync

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer -- note the final statement at the end of the article:

• KB00561 How to configure wireless calendar synchronization on a BlackBerry smartphone

I'm actually surprised that you have Contacts working...I didn't think it was possible via BIS with Outlook.com...then again, as I read more carefully, refer:

• KB22430 How to enable or disable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

"Windows Live" must have been able to migrate successfully over to Outlook.com for Contacts, but apparently not for Calendar.

I agree with you that it seems odd...but it is what it is. We can hope that they have intentions of improving it for the future, though I do believe that via BIS there are fewer compatible services for wireless calendar than there are for contacts.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply sdgardne.

This has been a frustrating process.  As to the KB00561 statement:

"If there is no option to select Wireless Synchronization, that particular email account does not support wireless calendar synchronization."

This doesn't seem accurate, since other devices, including other Blackberry devices, seem to have no problem syncing the Outlook.com calendar.  This problem seems specific to the 9900.  

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Nope...the only other devices you mentioned were the Z10 and the Playbook, neither of which use BIS. They each have full on-device clients (ActiveSync) and do not use the carrier/BlackBerry hosted BIS service for anything. Hence, the capabilities are completely different, and cannot be used as an expectation set for devices that use BIS.

Now, if you can cite other BIS-using devices that are successful, then there may be something deeper to investigate...

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Ah; ok that makes sense.  So BIS is what is preventing me from being able to do this.  I guess I'm stuck for now.  

Thanks again,

-MT

Hall of Famer III

Sadly, that does seem to be the case. You are welcome!