Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9100
My Carrier: AT&T

Outlook contact sync

The last time I synced with Outlook, a lot of the same contacts came up multiple times -- around 50+ times each. Seems the only way to delete them is individually. I would like to know the following: 1) is there a way to do multiple deletes and 2) what made this happen. Many thanks for help.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: VZW

Re: Outlook contact sync

There isn't really a way on your BB to delete them individually.  There are apps that you can download (like Advance OS & LED) where you can export your contacts to an excel spreadsheet, then you can delete the duplicates there, clear out all the contacts on your BB and Outlook, go into Outlook and re-load your contacts file, and if you have sync turned on, then your contacts should pop into your BB.

...and, unfortunately, I'm not really able to shed light on #2 -- only thing I can think of is maybe you turned contact syncing off, then back on again, and then you got duplicates...sorry, good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9100
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Outlook contact sync

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what to do... may try to just put in another card and then sync w/Outlook and see what happens. I am going to stop by the local ATT store and see if anyone there has any ideas. Thanks again for the reply.