Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Outlook email - want to sync with handheld - HOW

I have pop 3 accounts and I am NOT on the enterprise server at work.

Can someone tell me how I can sync the emails?  Even if it is not instant...is there a way to come home and sync them up.

I have been told I cannot do it unless I have IMAP or BES server. 

Are there any other 3rd party applications or something that I can do this? 

HELP!

There must be LOTS of others wanting to do the same thing with their home outlook.  How do you do it, without reading on handheld and then having to delete again at home.  One of my whole reasons for the blackberry was to utilize time and delete emails on the handheld and NOT have to do it again at home.

One of my email accounts I can upgrade to IMAP, but not sure if it is worth it.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Outlook email - want to sync with handheld - HOW

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You can indeed sync POP accounts. First, contact your carrier and ensure that you have a plan that includes Blackberry Internet Service (BIS). Then, log into your carriers BIS site...find it here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

Then, here are the instructions from the public knowledgebase for configuring POP/IMAP accounts.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10154&slic...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks..

Quick question....I do know I can sync the pop accounts...but does that mean it will then sync Outlook??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Outlook is not an email system...it is merely an email client. BIS will sync with your email system.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I do have it configured and went thru those steps.  So it is configured and working as in receiving emails and is synced with the POP 3..this post was to find out how I can get my outlook client synced....

even if it is a 3rd party software.  There has to be lots of people out there wtih outlook as their home email client and have the same issues/request etc.

Also, I noticed in the setup (2nd link you sent me) there are options to set up already existing email accounts..but is that just to get the configuration setup..it still won't delete from my outlook and sync with that right?

Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

Depending on you you configure the email client on your BB, it can indeed for instance delete an item from your server, which would then prevent it from ever arriving at your Outlook client. And the reverse is also true. In both your BB and Outlook client, you can determine what happens to the email on the server...if it's on the server when either tries to sync, then it will come down to it.

Here is a link to the knowledgebase article concerning how different email systems reconcile with BIS.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05133&slic...

Message Edited by sdgardne on 05-16-2009 11:54 AM