Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9810 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Outlook sync deletes past calendar items

What can i do to keep my old calendar items on my calendar? I need my past history for billing and reporting purposes, and recently, anything past two months ago has been deleted -- and this is on a rolling basis. I just lost January!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: O2

Re: Outlook sync deletes past calendar items

This is an infuriating issue, which I've experienced for years, with several different Blackberries. If you run a business you need to know what you've done as well as what you are going to do - for accounting, tax reporting, expenses, billing, time planning, all sorts of reasons. Why on earth should a 'business machine' decide that you don''t need to keep your diary after a month or two?

I usually manage to sort it out eventually, but it's just come back after I updated the OS on my Bb.

I checked all the usual suggestions - set 'keep forever' on the Bb calendar, stop autoarchive on Outlook - but what worked for me in the end was to reinstate two-way synchronisation on the calendar. (By default, I set it to one-way from the Bb to Outlook, thinking that the Bb will only add/update entries in my Outlook calendar, and not delete old entries that are on Outlook.) Goodness knows why it worked, but it did.

I also set the filter to transfer all entries within a certian date range - 2000 days in the past, and 2000 days in the present - rather than the more logical 'transfer all entries'. Thyat was on the advice of another poster. It didn't work on its own, but may have been a factor in helping solving the problem for me.

Good luck.